Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

CGP revision guides watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can they really really REALLY get me my a*s or should I stick to textbook revision (writing notes doesn't work for me). a*, not a (I'm aiming high)

GCSE btw

ReputationRep:
    GCSE? Yes.

A-level? They'll get you an A, but for the A* you'll want another source too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexagon999)
    Can they really really REALLY get me my a*s or should I stick to textbook revision (writing notes doesn't work for me). a*, not a (I'm aiming high)
    I have always enjoyed using CGP books. Great explanations and lots of example questions. What subject will you be using them for?

ReputationRep:
    Learn the content from textbooks, make sure you've got no gaps in knowledge anywhere, revise from CGP and nail every single past paper out there till you're familiar with every questions and answer more than your mothers name
    Goodluck!

P.s CGP never failed me for any subject, neither GCSE nor A level.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hexagon999)
    They are good to read alongside your work. If you don't understand something I'd read the CGP books. Kinda dumbd it down for me and makes more sense

For science A-Levels I recommend Advanced book. I had these for AS/A2 Biology and Chemistry

http://edemo8.freezone.co.uk/image/c...gy-500x500.jpg

Amazing. everything you could want and need

also, depending on the subject , it's not just the reading that gets you the A*. It's about exam practice too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! So are CGP guides by themselves enough for an a* at GCSE

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.