The Student Room Group

CGP revision guides

Can they really really REALLY get me my a*s or should I stick to textbook revision (writing notes doesn't work for me). a*, not a (I'm aiming high)

GCSE btw
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
GCSE? Yes.

A-level? They'll get you an A, but for the A* you'll want another source too.
Original post by hexagon999
Can they really really REALLY get me my a*s or should I stick to textbook revision (writing notes doesn't work for me). a*, not a (I'm aiming high)

I have always enjoyed using CGP books. Great explanations and lots of example questions. What subject will you be using them for?
Reply 3
Learn the content from textbooks, make sure you've got no gaps in knowledge anywhere, revise from CGP and nail every single past paper out there till you're familiar with every questions and answer more than your mothers name :wink:
Goodluck!

P.s CGP never failed me for any subject, neither GCSE nor A level.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by hexagon999

They are good to read alongside your work. If you don't understand something I'd read the CGP books. Kinda dumbd it down for me and makes more sense :smile:

For science A-Levels I recommend Advanced book. I had these for AS/A2 Biology and Chemistry

http://edemo8.freezone.co.uk/image/cache/data/Collins%20advance%20science%20-Biology-500x500.jpg

Amazing. everything you could want and need

also, depending on the subject , it's not just the reading that gets you the A*. It's about exam practice too
Reply 5
Thanks guys! So are CGP guides by themselves enough for an a* at GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending