The Student Room Group

Ed excel Chemistry A2 12th June, Wednesday

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by posthumus
I got A already in unit 4 physics, but because of my stupid ISA practical marks I have to retake it !! :frown:

Do you have anything else to learn for this unit? Still haven't learnt all enthalpy definitions either - do you feel more or less prepared than January ?

is it?? thats good! what board do u do?
I think I am as prepared as I was in jan :smile:
Original post by AS01
is it?? thats good! what board do u do?
I think I am as prepared as I was in jan :smile:

AQA... I haven't even looked at unit 5 yet :tongue: I've done a bit of unit 5 chem though, not organic.

I think I'm way less prepared... but it could just be that in January I was "too prepared", but screwed up spectacularly :tongue:
Reply 102
AQA... I haven't even looked at unit 5 yet :tongue: I've done a bit of unit 5 chem though, not organic.

I think I'm way less prepared... but it could just be that in January I was "too prepared", but screwed up spectacularly :tongue:

haha probably hopefully paper is good :smile:
Reply 103
Time to improve that U. Awww yeeeeeaaaaah
Reply 104
this thread looks dead! lol
Reply 105
Original post by Amila888
sample paper : http://www.ashlyns.herts.sch.uk/downloads/learning/A2Chemistry/Samplepaperswithmarkschemes.pdf

if u got a minute, u cud check through it.. its 2007.. cudnt find a more recent one.. i found the last few questions hard...

LOL! i remember this paper!!! we did as a mock in december! Nasty paper!
Original post by AS01
Since noone is posting here I think I should drop a question :tongue:
why is biodesel more greener?

I told you the title is important :biggrin: Do you remember that is why I made like 5 unit 5 chem threads :tongue: kept getting the title wrong! lol

& because it can offset CO2 emissions :smile:

Why does pH for nucleophilic addition of aldehyde via HCN have to be around pH 8
Reply 107
I told you the title is important :biggrin: Do you remember that is why I made like 5 unit 5 chem threads :tongue: kept getting the title wrong! lol

Why does pH for nucleophilic addition of aldehyde via HCN have to be around pH 8

lol yeah! I miss last times thread. You never had to call people :tongue:

If pH too low then then not enough CN- for first step if too high then not much H+ for second step.

Why polymer made by reaction between acyl chloride and alcohol is biodegradable?
Reply 108

the weird thing is its only us in every chem thread for unit 4 :tongue:
AS01, I thought you aced this?!
Reply 110
I'm scared! explain the difference between equivalence point and end point in a titration :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by Blob2491
AS01, I thought you aced this?!

I wish :frown:
I did so many silly mistake but I am glad I have second chance. Are u resitting this?
Original post by AS01
the weird thing is its only us in every chem thread for unit 4 :tongue:

hehe, well you weren't that active over the last several days before ! I like that I made TSR back in December, it's helped me lots :smile:

& Also is it because enzymes can like "perform" hydrolysis on the ester bond :tongue: (I don't know if that's the right word)

Enthalpy of hydration?
Original post by jethacan
I'm scared! explain the difference between equivalence point and end point in a titration :smile:

Aren't they the same thing?
Reply 114

equivalence point of titration is when stoichiometric ratio of reactants are present.
end point is when indicator changes color

why on addition of OH- phenolphthalein changed to pink?
Original post by AS01
I wish :frown:
I did so many silly mistake but I am glad I have second chance. Are u resitting this?

I am, the grade boundaries were really high so it was expected!
Reply 116
hehe, well you weren't that active over the last several days before ! I like that I made TSR back in December, it's helped me lots :smile:

& Also is it because enzymes can like "perform" hydrolysis on the ester bond :tongue: (I don't know if that's the right word)

Enthalpy of hydration?

lol yeah. I came here only for today for past few weeks I was busy with bio. lol it was making me crazy! now its done! so glad!
lol u can say ester bond can easily be hydolysed by water

enthalpy change when one mole of gaseous ion dissolves in sufficient solvent to give infinitely dilute solution.
Enthalpy of solution?
Reply 117
Original post by Blob2491
I am, the grade boundaries were really high so it was expected!

well it was high coz the paper was easy. Hopefully we dont screw up this paper. You ready for this?
Reply 118
Original post by AS01
equivalence point of titration is when stoichiometric ratio of reactants are present.
end point is when indicator changes color

why on addition of OH- phenolphthalein changed to pink?

A pink anion is formed by removal of H+ from phenolphtalein?

which factors affect the enthalpy of hydration of an ionic compound?
Reply 119
A pink anion is formed by removal of H+ from phenolphtalein?

which factors affect the enthalpy of hydration of an ionic compound?

yup!
ionic radius and charge on ion

Observation when COOHs reacts with Na2CO3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending