The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Not long now :frown:
Guys, I seriously need help xD I've chosen Physics, Chemistry and Spanish so far as my A level options, but for my last one I'm drawn between Geography and French :s-smilie: I enjoy them both equally, I want to have a career in Languages but i worried that French would be way to much work combined with the other subjects I'm doing. So advice please! :biggrin:
Only 17 hours to go... my life changes tomorrow.
I am actually very scared about tomorrow.
I screwed up German SO BAD I :'(
Original post by 1214Jack1214
Guys, I seriously need help xD I've chosen Physics, Chemistry and Spanish so far as my A level options, but for my last one I'm drawn between Geography and French :s-smilie: I enjoy them both equally, I want to have a career in Languages but i worried that French would be way to much work combined with the other subjects I'm doing. So advice please! :biggrin:

If you want a career in languages take French- if you love them then you'll enjoy the work.
I would never take a language to A-Level though, I've always thought you would have to be so good to do it-the GCSE French and GCSE German are very challenging.You are going to be virtually fluent in Spanish next year.
Reply 6285
Original post by 1214Jack1214

ur doing some pretty intense subjects and both Geog and french are gnna equally be hard to balance ....id suggest choosing french though...cos if you really want to do languages as a career i say the more the better lol plus from my KS3 and GCSE experience for both...i think i can say they complement each other pretty well but im not too sure im not a language expert..this is just my opinion
Reply 6286
Has the AQA UMS conversion updated for anyone? I don't see June 2013...
Original post by ubisoft
Has the AQA UMS conversion updated for anyone? I don't see June 2013...

Its working for me but I was having some problems earlier on.
Original post by Arunthathy
I want be a gp aswell! Have you decide what a level options to choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh really?! And I'm gonna do biology, chemistry, maths and economics...wbu?? :smile:
Reply 6289
Original post by Dalek1099
Its working for me but I was having some problems earlier on.

It works now, had to clear the cache...
haha. NO. screw this im moving to Mexico
Thanks for all the advice guys :biggrin:
Original post by Kill3er
Yes, that is correct. But i'm sure you'll still get an A*.

Awwh that's not fair why do the January people have to wait so long??!
Thanks!! I hope so too but it's only 40% though...did u do january or June?
tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! results!!!!! omg omg omg :frown:
On the results sheet do you get all your results even ones you know the grade for, like March 2013 results ?

Thanks
So excited :biggrin:
Reply 6296
Original post by Ani97
OMG the AQA GCSE French controlled assessment grade boundaries are so high:frown:
how on earth do people get 56/60 on writing and speaking?
Drama boundaries are high too :frown:
what does everyone think about their grades after seeing the boundaries?

I think the boundaries are massively skewed in the controlled assessments because of natives bossing everything and the fact that everyone just memorises everything word for word. I know many people who got francophone relatives to write theirs and our teacher gave us a list of five possible unexpected questions. In our class most people got either 28+ or less than ten. IMO it should be reformed to be more like A-Levels, in other words less memorising and more spontaneity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6297
Original post by sr234
Has anyone got called in early?:eek:

If you get called in early you've done really well because for A levels they called people in early who got top grades and they were on itv lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6298
Original post by things4life
On the results sheet do you get all your results even ones you know the grade for, like March 2013 results ?

Thanks

yeah
Reply 6299
The C grade boundary is what is getting hit the most, you have no reason to worry ;p

I wish it were true, last year I got a B and C in two science modules that the year before that, the exact same marks got me two As, there's such a drop between years it's unreal

Latest