The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theroyalwe
I feel I should be more nervous, but I know I will be the night before and on the day. D: When I think about the exams and how hard I work, I don't think it was enough :s We'll see.... What's everyone most nervous for? Mine has to be Maths and Science.

Same, maths and science..and welsh, because we all thought that went horrifically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1341
Original post by jellie88
Aw I feel for you!

I'm going to be a wreck that day!

Original post by Taci
You don't like the dentist! :eek: *In shock!*

More like you like the dentist?!
Original post by Abbie8061
21 days left....:s-smilie:

Exited so but nervous been freaking out really bad.

Want to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. What about you lot??

The only one i know for sure i have is Maths as i did the exam in Yr10 and got an A.

I want to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics at A Level, but I still have year 11 to go.
Reply 1343
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'm going to be a wreck that day!

More like you like the dentist?!

I want to be a dentist, so yes! :smile:
Reply 1344
Original post by Taci

same I want to be one, but after reading some of the dentist threads I'm having doubts :s-smilie:
Reply 1345
Original post by a123a
same I want to be one, but after reading some of the dentist threads I'm having doubts :s-smilie:

What? Why would you have doubts? :confused:
Original post by Taci

Nice job! May I ask why you want to be a dentist instead of a doctor?
Reply 1347
Original post by Decerto
Nice job! May I ask why you want to be a dentist instead of a doctor?

I really like the practical side of work that dentistry offers, and the ability to work with my hands (which is something I like to do).

It also gives a more balanced lifestyle over medicine (you could disagree), but the working hours are a lot more consistent.
There is also a more caring side to the job in my opinion, with total focus being on one patient at a time and making sure that you satisfy their needs individually. There is also that sense of reward I suppose- It must feel great to know that you've dramatically improved someone's oral health, or their appearance- (or even in the eyes of a general practitioner, just knowing that you have prevented any more damage from advancing)

I also admire the technology and research that is going forward to advance treatments and the procedures that dentists are able to carry out. In 10 years time, dentistry could have changed dramatically!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Taci
I really like the practical side of work that dentistry offers, and the ability to work with my hands (which is something I like to do).

It also gives a more balanced lifestyle over medicine (you could disagree), but the working hours are a lot more consistent.
There is also a more caring side to the job in my opinion, with total focus being on one patient at a time and making sure that you satisfy their needs individually. There is also that sense of reward I suppose- It must feel great to know that you've dramatically improved someone's oral health, or their appearance- (or even in the eyes of a general practitioner, just knowing that you have prevented any more damage from advancing)

I also admire the technology and research that is going forward to advance treatments and the procedures that dentists are able to carry out. :smile:

Good answer. I only ask because many people choose medicine over dentistry. I would also choose medicine over dentistry (sorry!) and I would also like to use my hands, so therefore would probably go down a surgical route.
Original post by Jatz07
i want to do medicine as a possibility too...

what a levels are you doing next year??
I'm doing: Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths and Extended Project

Its not all about grades , as long as they are A and above it's fine, although the more A*s the better, interview is the most mportant

jats

I'm doing maths, physics, biology and chemistry.
To be honest i feel the same way - so long as i get As i'm alright, unfortunately for me all my family are expecting me to get loads of A*s and i'm a bit worrid as to what there going to say when i get them.
Good luck with your results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by techno836
what did you get in your other chemistry exams ?

I got an A in my isa, an A in my unit 1 and a B in my unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Decerto
Good answer. I only ask because many people choose medicine over dentistry. I would also choose medicine over dentistry (sorry!) and I would also like to use my hands, so therefore would probably go down a surgical route.

hey sorry to scrape in but surely going down the surgical route will give you no free time? i wanna be a surgeon and ive been told you literally sleep in the hospital?

xx
Original post by radhikagulati
hey sorry to scrape in but surely going down the surgical route will give you no free time? i wanna be a surgeon and ive been told you literally sleep in the hospital?

xx

Hello and no, it's fine. It would be nice to have free time, but my social life is pretty non existence at the moment and I cannot imagine it changing, so I will be fine with having no free time. As long as I will be doing a job I enjoy doing, I wouldn't mind if it took up a lot of/ most of my time.
Original post by jellie88
Haha! Well I hope that you get a good teacher then. A good teacher makes a lot of difference!

Thank you, yes it definitely does!
Original post by Mr.Nor
I have a dentist appointment on the same day :frown:

Aw hopefully you'll have a great smile for the dentist then! :smile:
Unsure whether I should share my results with my friends or just go home.
Reply 1355
Original post by xxxKINGxxx

I guess you'll find out on the day! If they're good I'm sure you will be sharing them :biggrin:
I reckon I'll get 8/9 maybe 10 A/A*s. More likely 7 or 8A/A*s, 2 Bs

Obviously I would be proud with any of those results, but I somewhat feel sorry for anyone who didn't do as well on theirs. I don't want to come across as a 'boaster' by showing off my results.

I'm the same, last year with my RS module we all got A* but I got the lowest UMS of my friends (92) and they just kept going on about how they 'couldn't believe they'd beaten me'...I really do not want that to happen again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by doctor_2_be
I'm doing maths, physics, biology and chemistry.
To be honest i feel the same way - so long as i get As i'm alright, unfortunately for me all my family are expecting me to get loads of A*s and i'm a bit worrid as to what there going to say when i get them.
Good luck with your results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing same A levels as you! and I want to do Medicine

Original post by doctor_2_be
I got an A in my isa, an A in my unit 1 and a B in my unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh you should be fine and should easily get an A, those exams will have slightly lower grade boundaries than normal :smile:
I reckon I'll get 8/9 maybe 10 A/A*s. More likely 7 or 8A/A*s, 2 Bs

Obviously I would be proud with any of those results, but I somewhat feel sorry for anyone who didn't do as well on theirs. I don't want to come across as a 'boaster' by showing off my results.

it's really hard to balance being proud of your results, wanting to celebrate and boasting :lol:

Latest