The Student Room Group

Lit Exam In 2 Days !!

Right so as usual ive left my revision to the last minute .. ive revised everything else for lit except the simon armitage, carol ann duffy an pre 1914 poems .. i have no notes on these at all .. our school only went through havisham with us .. does anyone know any good sites to get detailed descriptions of each poem, ive got the ones of andrew moores website, but theyre not very detailed, and ive got the ones off bitesize but they dont supply yoyu with all the poems .. this is realllyyyy urgenttt im so stressed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
We should have a chat, because you are the only person I know on TSR doing Carol ann duffy and simon armatige.
I love simon armatige, HATE, repeat HATE carol ann duffy.
I do Carol Ann Duffy and Simon Armitage aswell lets have a chat, biggest regret now is not going to that poetry live.
Reply 4
Will Grimes1
I do Carol Ann Duffy and Simon Armitage aswell lets have a chat, biggest regret now is not going to that poetry live.

Poetry live sucked anyway. It didn't help for GCSE atall, was just a bit of a fun day off.
It didnt help with my understanding atall, all I found out was that Carol ann duffy wrote education for leisure about a little sh*t who flushed his goldfish down the loo at school, and that this room was written when Imtiaz Dharkers ceiling fell down.
Well thanks that is a relief to know, I don't understand why AQA chose such a rubbish poet out of all the brilliant poetry in the world.
Reply 6
Didi anyone go to the one in London?
Reply 7
Starsurfer
Didi anyone go to the one in London?

Yep
Reply 8
i mEant the one i cambridge, stupid me
Reply 9
Starsurfer
i mEant the one i cambridge, stupid me

Nope, lol
Reply 10
Im really worried about the exam but im trying to be calm, and not to worry, ive been working for the higher paper but im predicted a C, and doing higher which is a risk but im aoiming to get a B,

i went to the poetry live thing in london it was a complete waste of time, althoughs 6 lessons i missed at school which i now regret :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: , it was a wasre of time no advice on improving especial in thepoerty from teh poets, the only good thing was the chief examiner who writes the wquestions gave some advice but then i forgot them so it was pointless, I WISH EVERYONE SUCCESS IN THERE EXAMS, AND MY SELF. (or maybe shall i say everyone to do bad so they'll put down the grade boundries and i can get my B):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wink: :wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p: :p: :p: :biggrin: :biggrin:
The chief examiner wasn't good atall, he gave no hints and the only thing he gave advice on was how to get a C. And then he told some pointless story about his daughter who he said got a D at the beginning of the story then changed it to an E later
I asked around before and no-one seemed to be. It's all coming out now!
I'm doing those peoms, and i saw Carol Ann Duffy read out her poems as part of a 'Poetry Live!' event.

She's dead boring! :biggrin:
I wish I was at the 2nd london one where she was asked why she was so dull and replied "am i bothered?"
Reply 15
lol yeah I do Armitage and Duffy poems too! My teacher planned to go to that poetry live thing, but it never happened :confused: I actually like the Duffy poems, the Armitage poems are okay.
Reply 16
FireDeuce
We should have a chat, because you are the only person I know on TSR doing Carol ann duffy and simon armatige.
I love simon armatige, HATE, repeat HATE carol ann duffy.

I HATE IT ALL :frown:
Reply 17

Does anyone do Seamus Heaney and Gillian Clarke?
Do we only learn 4 peoms from each? (I'm doing higher by the way, so I don't need to learn the foundation poems --- at least that's what my teachers told me)
Reply 18
Yup, Death of Natural, Storm on The island, digging and at a potato digging, clarke its Catrin, Field Mouse, cant remember the other 2.
Reply 19
Starsurfer
Yup, Death of Natural, Storm on The island, digging and at a potato digging, clarke its Catrin, Field Mouse, cant remember the other 2.

thank you!! but when in the exam we choose poems to compare with, are we only allowedto choose higher and crossovers? not foundations?

Latest