The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 1
Well upon evidence of QMUL rising tarrif marks to AAB within the UCAS website, I would imagine extremely unlikely. So I wouldn't even try to risk a BBB and get in.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
yea ^ thats what i thought. but everytime someone asks me where im going, and what grades they need, they always make a comment about how that actually means BBB or BBC :confused: stupid people! i dunno, maybe it is the case for other subjects
Reply 3
Their entry requirements for History is BBB (or the equivilant number of UCAS points) however, at the interview/open days they explicitly tell the applicants that this is not concrete and candidates failing to get this, instead gaining BBC or the like will still be considered and all is not lost.

I think it will probably depend on each subject though - contact the admissions tutor for more information.
Reply 4
Helzerel
Their entry requirements for History is BBB (or the equivilant number of UCAS points) however, at the interview/open days they explicitly tell the applicants that this is not concrete and candidates failing to get this, instead gaining BBC or the like will still be considered and all is not lost.

I think it will probably depend on each subject though - contact the admissions tutor for more information.

True to an extent, depends on how many fulfil the expected grade requirements and the number of places left, if any. But I can't imagine this happening in Law.

Best study your ass off mate. Good luck.
I am also dreading getting below the entry grades for computer science (BBC) due to a few bad marks here and there, and basically if I don't get in, I am screwed. Hopefully Computing is a less in-demand subject.. :smile:
well alot of the subjects are in extra at qmul-does that show any indication as to how much demand there is for them subjects?
Reply 7
hafz
well alot of the subjects are in extra at qmul-does that show any indication as to how much demand there is for them subjects?

Usually. Demand in industry for those skills, due to lack of students means lower entry requirements. But other strategic reasons too, like getting maximum number of the best students who have applied, making sure they come to QM based on assumptions where the student has applied, making sure the uni get's max £££ etc etc etc..yeap all a dirty game.

Latest

Trending

Trending