The Student Room Group

eligible for contextual not for standard, can i apply?

Ive already done my a levels and i’m applying to uni this year. i’m eligible for contextual offers and my grades reach the contextual requirement. But I do not reach the standard requirement. Will I still be able to apply? (the uni is ucl)
Original post by oikamii
Ive already done my a levels and i’m applying to uni this year. i’m eligible for contextual offers and my grades reach the contextual requirement. But I do not reach the standard requirement. Will I still be able to apply? (the uni is ucl)

Yes. Contextual applicants, such as yourself, will be expected to meet the contextual requirements - not the standard requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Yes. Contextual applicants, such as yourself, will be expected to meet the contextual requirements - not the standard requirements.

Alright, thank you!
Reply 3

Hello, I have checked the online criteria for contextual offers and I am eligible for all the universities I am applying to for them, but I am worried that they might update their contextual criteria, what is the chance that they do this?
Original post by Flappy
Hello, I have checked the online criteria for contextual offers and I am eligible for all the universities I am applying to for them, but I am worried that they might update their contextual criteria, what is the chance that they do this?

Unlikely universities use contextual offers to increase their widening performance figures and this would make them worse. This would only happen for a university was increasing their general grades as well.
Original post by Flappy

By "contextual criteria", do you mean the rules which determine who is a contextual candidate and who is not? Or do you mean the grades which a contextual candidate is asked to attain? In either case, given that the application cycle has already commenced (students have begun applying and unis have begun making offers), I can't imagine either of these changing now.
Reply 6
By "contextual criteria", do you mean the rules which determine who is a contextual candidate and who is not? Or do you mean the grades which a contextual candidate is asked to attain? In either case, given that the application cycle has already commenced (students have begun applying and unis have begun making offers), I can't imagine either of these changing now.

Thank you! This makes sense
Mistakes do happen - particularly when applicants apply after they have their results. If you do get a rejection decision from any university where you think you’re eligible for a contextual offer and meet the contextual entry requirements then you SHOULD query it with the admissions team (using the formal appeal/complaint method listed in the admissions policy) to check that contextual criteria were taken into account.
Reply 8
Original post by oikamii

Can I ask what you are applying for? I'm thinking of doing the same but wondering if my chances of getting an offer are lower since I don't meet the normal entry requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending