The Student Room Group

When English gets in my way, I 'try' to walk over it.

Unfortunately I don't read a lot of book nor is my vocabulary that good. So I was wondering if is it too late for me to be able to get a good grade in my English exam which is 2 months away will, I be able to get an A? How can I do this if i can? And with English how are you meant to revise are you meant to read a lot of books, do past papers or do absolutely nothing? How can you prepare for the exams. Also when it comes to the actual exam English Literature/Language what sort of things are likely to come up? Is there a list of things which may or may not come up? Help will be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Is this GCSE or A-Level?
Original post by Nistar
Is this GCSE or A-Level?

It's in the GCSE forum...

Also, OP do you mean Literature or Language?
Reply 3
Original post by ThatPerson
It's in the GCSE forum...

Also, OP do you mean Literature or Language?

Should have looked. :K:
Reply 4
Original post by Acrux
Unfortunately I don't read a lot of book nor is my vocabulary that good. So I was wondering if is it too late for me to be able to get a good grade in my English exam which is 2 months away will, I be able to get an A? How can I do this if i can? And with English how are you meant to revise are you meant to read a lot of books, do past papers or do absolutely nothing? How can you prepare for the exams. Also when it comes to the actual exam English Literature/Language what sort of things are likely to come up? Is there a list of things which may or may not come up? Help will be much appreciated!

If you're referring to Literature, then just "reading a lot of books" will not get you an A grade. Obviously if you re-read the specific books and poems set for the exam as many times as possible to memorize and more importantly understand the themes, devices and feelings embedded in each piece of literature. Memorizing the AOs your teacher will most likely give to you and applying them properly is also very important to get an A grade.

If you're referring to Language, then it's all about technique in the exams and coursework.

If you look your exam board's website, there should be past papers on there. It'd be a good idea to print some out, do them and either mark them yourself or get your teacher to mark it for you so you're not generous :tongue:. By doing this you're also killing two birds with one stone because then you'll be enabled to identify any patterns in the questions over each series.

Hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending