Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I don't read a lot of book nor is my vocabulary that good. So I was wondering if is it too late for me to be able to get a good grade in my English exam which is 2 months away will, I be able to get an A? How can I do this if i can? And with English how are you meant to revise are you meant to read a lot of books, do past papers or do absolutely nothing? How can you prepare for the exams. Also when it comes to the actual exam English Literature/Language what sort of things are likely to come up? Is there a list of things which may or may not come up? Help will be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Is this GCSE or A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nistar)
    Is this GCSE or A-Level?
    It's in the GCSE forum...

Also, OP do you mean Literature or Language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    It's in the GCSE forum...

Also, OP do you mean Literature or Language?
    Should have looked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acrux)
    Unfortunately I don't read a lot of book nor is my vocabulary that good. So I was wondering if is it too late for me to be able to get a good grade in my English exam which is 2 months away will, I be able to get an A? How can I do this if i can? And with English how are you meant to revise are you meant to read a lot of books, do past papers or do absolutely nothing? How can you prepare for the exams. Also when it comes to the actual exam English Literature/Language what sort of things are likely to come up? Is there a list of things which may or may not come up? Help will be much appreciated!

If you're referring to Literature, then just "reading a lot of books" will not get you an A grade. Obviously if you re-read the specific books and poems set for the exam as many times as possible to memorize and more importantly understand the themes, devices and feelings embedded in each piece of literature. Memorizing the AOs your teacher will most likely give to you and applying them properly is also very important to get an A grade.

If you're referring to Language, then it's all about technique in the exams and coursework.

If you look your exam board's website, there should be past papers on there. It'd be a good idea to print some out, do them and either mark them yourself or get your teacher to mark it for you so you're not generous . By doing this you're also killing two birds with one stone because then you'll be enabled to identify any patterns in the questions over each series.

Hope I helped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.