The Student Room Group

Asda job confusion!

Hey all,
Recently applied for a job at an asda store near me, got through to the 'magic day' and then had an interview the next day, the guy that interviewed me said i would hear for them by the end of tuesday (today). The confusion comes from the fact that i received this email yesterday

196090BR: Shop Floor Assistant

Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Asda. We have experienced a high volume of applications for this role and we have now closed the role, and we are sorry to say that we are unable to process your application any further on this occasion. This does not affect your application to any other vacancies with Asda.

We really appreciate your enthusiasm and that you've taken the time and trouble to send us your details. We wish you luck in your job search, and please keep checking our website for future vacancies.

Yours sincerely,

Laura Caygill
Asda Recruitment Team

Im really confused as to whether or not ive been unsuccessful, has anyone had any experience with these guys that could lend a hand?
Reply 1
Do you have a phone number for the people who interviewed you? Call them and ask about the status of your application.
Reply 2
Sorry forgot to add that i applied to 3 jobs that were available online, just wondering if the email i got was an automated response from one of the jobs i had applied for. Yea i have a number, its quite late so im assuming i wont get a call tonight, if not ill call in the morning.
Reply 3
Well, since there's a reference number on that letter, do you remember the reference number for the job you've got the interview?
Reply 4
Yea thats the problem in the magic day invite there was no reference and when i was there they said that the magic day counted towards all the jobs that were available at the store.
Reply 5
Well, did you contact them then?
You have obviously been unsuccessful just for the Shop Floor Assistant job.
Reply 7
I phoned and left a message which was meant to be responded to this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending