The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Darts

I am going to firm Manchester Uni for next year and I'm currently considering accommodation. I really enjoy darts and practice at least every other day. I am just wondering if any current students have advice on how I could carry this on if I get to Manchester, in halls or out of Halls. Thanks
Reply 1
Bullseye95
I am going to firm Manchester Uni for next year and I'm currently considering accommodation. I really enjoy darts and practice at least every other day. I am just wondering if any current students have advice on how I could carry this on if I get to Manchester, in halls or out of Halls. Thanks

Make it aware to everyone you like to play darts, find 9 other people who like to play darts, make a society at the students' union and be chair of the darts society!

Alternatively, look for the darts society at the societies fair - I don't think there is one, but I may be wrong.

Have fun playing darts!

Darren
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
In addition to what DPLSK says, you could look for a local darts team that isn't affiliated with the university.

With regards to practicing, the major problem that you are going to run up against is how you avoid damaging the walls. Many halls are plan breezeblock in their construction (no plaster) so you'd struggle to damage those too much. However, in second year you'll move into a shared house where your landlord will (rightly) have a fit if you start taking small chunks of plaster out of the wall using flying missiles. You'd have to hang your dartboard in your cellar (though not all houses have these) to avoid causing damage in a location that anyone cares about.
Reply 3
Do any halls have a dartboard in their common room?
I can't say it's the sort of thing that I've ever paid any attention to!

You might be able to find one somewhere, but in all honesty darts isn't the most popular student sport, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending