The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aye i did the role models one aslo, i think it went ok thanks, the ikea stuff was a bit blag your way though , but i think ive done reasonably well , its over now :biggrin:, gah , means i have real exams to do for the rest of this week :|
Reply 2
Edexcel here - it was alright, thank goodness I don't have any more! But proper exams on Wed and Fri, eep!
Reply 3
Who did the OCR Culture and Social domain papers this afternoon??? I feel i did okay on both of them. For the social paper on section B, i did Q5- the one about house prices!! And for the culture paper on section B i did the Q6- about 'reality' television shows, so i just babbled on about big brother hehe!
How did other people find the 2 papers??
Reply 4
after-math *chuckles*
Reply 5
Science and maths went well but really rubbish at essay writing and knowing what words mean!

Did the AQA one.
for last two essay quesitons, wrote about half a page for each? i didnt know how to get marks on em it was a load of poo. my role model would not be a multimillionaire like david beckham, but someone in my everyday life with a positive outlook on life however also based in reality; someone i could relate to and realistically aspire to?!

and the shoite about celebs?
i really wanted to say "girls should not aspire to sluts in music videos cause theyre all idiots" but chickened out, so said you shouldnt criticise them to the extent that it brings them down as people, but they're not really the best role models. my grammar was rubbish even though i used to be good at writing. Wrote like a stupid person.
greengrass
Science and maths went well but really rubbish at essay writing and knowing what words mean!

Did the AQA one.
for last two essay quesitons, wrote about half a page for each? i didnt know how to get marks on em it was a load of poo. my role model would not be a multimillionaire like david beckham, but someone in my everyday life with a positive outlook on life however also based in reality; someone i could relate to and realistically aspire to?!

i really wanted to say "girls should not aspire to sluts in music videos cause theyre all idiots" but chickened out, so said you shouldnt criticise them to the extent that it brings them down as people, but they're not really the best role models. my grammar was rubbish even though i used to be good at writing. Wrote like a stupid person.

Only did Science and Maths one...
Maths was pretty god damned good, science was stupidly hard imo.
Reply 7
greengrass

Did the AQA one.

Was it YOUR role model that the question asked for? Whoops. I wrote about role models in general...it was such a hard paper! And to think I originally thought GS didn't require much knowledge.
Reply 8
firestone
Was it YOUR role model that the question asked for? Whoops. I wrote about role models in general...it was such a hard paper! And to think I originally thought GS didn't require much knowledge.

Survey said: "It doesnt"
Reply 9
firestone

yeah thats fine it was something like "describe your role model" so basically the qualities you look for in a role model. it works either way
Reply 10
Edexcel - went fine, Science was the hardest but I still think it went ok :biggrin:
You didn't have to discuss your role model. The question was "...discuss what qualities you would look for in a good role model ..." I didn't really mention anyone in particular for that question.

I thought the one before it was the hardest one ... "Identify and explain three criticisms that the author makes of the effectiveness of current role models".
what did you put?
Unit 2 (AQA A) was dodgy! a lot of the maths stuff confused me, but I managed to bullsiht a lot of the answers. the stuff on population was ok once i got my head round it.

and role models was easy! wrote about a page for 1 and 2, and a page each for 3 and 4. question three involved a lot of flattery towards JK Rowling! lol
i didnt know what a billion was, lol. that stumped me and you needed it a lot.

but apparently i was ok with a thousand million lol
I only had one question which included billions, and there was only one answer that looked right so i *think* i was okay.

the question with the rectangle inside the circle totally stumped me, guessed, then came out and realised it was triganomitry! doh
Reply 16
I did AQA as well Units 1 & 2. The rolemodel paper the writing part I ran out of time and wrote loads. However the problem was that I wrote loads of rubbish since I had no idea what to write. The few ideas I managed to come up with I tried not to repeat myself, but I think I did anyway. :frown:

The multiple choice was hardest on the science part I thought. I guessed quite a few, hope they were right :p:
I wrote about a page for each, and got bored. as i was the only one sitting the paper i got let out early (shows how much i care about GS!)

I really hated part 2, questions 20-25(?) they were awful, didnt get what it was really asking me
Reply 18
i like totally failed it and i'm going get an F. it was too fricking hard. they should make it easier so that it is accessible to the full range of candidates. the current level is an outrage, i felt so demeaned.
Reply 19
I did the edexcel paper i think. The aspects of culture one. Got really bored and skipped questions, did about 2 sides for the essay. But yeah, i lost all motivation and slept through the last half hour.

Latest