The Student Room Group

Seeking Help for Educational Crisis Due to Sudanese War

Dear All,

My name is Sara, a 21-year-old Sudanese student pursuing my third year in medicine at Sudan University for Science and Technology. I've been striving hard academically, achieving a remarkable score of 92.7% in my Sudanese certificate examination, earning me a scholarship at my current university.

However, my life took a distressing turn due to the ongoing war in Sudan. Forced to flee my home, I've suffered immense losses - my house has been entirely taken over by the RSF. Sadly, this turmoil has disrupted education in Sudan since April 15th, leaving everything in disarray, and uncertainty looms over when things will improve.

I am now faced with a critical dilemma. I am exploring options to continue my medical studies abroad due to:

The inability to find viable offers to transfer to another medical college.

The significant financial strain caused by the war and its aftermath.

If there's any chance or opportunity available for me to transfer to another university with minimal costs or secure a scholarship, it would mean the world to me. I desperately seek your guidance, your support, or any information that could help me find a way out of this predicament.

I find myself in a position where the wellbeing of my family and my future is hanging in the balance. I know I've shared a lot, but I wanted to offer a complete picture of my situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and considering extending your assistance. Any guidance or advice would be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely, Sara
Reply 1
Hiii Sara, a fellow Sudanese uni student as well and I hope you are doing okay. I have been also looking around the UK study options and scholarships (I was hoping to start medicine after finishing the degree I started in Sudan, but I had a change of heart and applied to another degree instead. But, if you are still looking for some info, i don’t if it will be that much but I can share what I know about med schools in the uk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending