Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So far I've calculated that I have an overall B in English Literature, but only just. Here's the breakdown of my marks in UMS:

Unit 1 coursework: 70 (A)
    Unit 2 exam: 58 (E)
    Unit 3 coursework: 69 (A)
    Unit 4 exam: 85 (B)
    = 282 UMS

As you can see, its the Unit 2 exam that's dragging down the rest of my marks. But in a bid to amend to situation, I re-sat it in January and came out with the exact same grade. After discussing the mark with my teacher we both agreed that the exam itself, which is structurally very different from A2, works to my worst qualities in English Literature which is to constantly waffle and not keep up with time constraints. For anyone who's wondering which board the exam is with, its AQA. I put myself in for the re-sit before Easter as I didn't know how I'd do in the coursework unit because my teacher marks them during the holidays. Now I've got the A in the coursework which leaves me with an overall 282 UMS. But the problem is if the grade boundaries increase I may just miss the B, as it's only 2 UMS into the boundary.

So my question is should I re-sit or not? Any help would be appreciated and please try to avoid the grammar Nazi comments - I wrote this thread in a rush!

ReputationRep:
    Re-sit. If its constant waffle then it shouldnt be too bad, as that also means less content to remember. You dont want to regret in august when you dont get that B.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely re-sit!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.