The Student Room Group

Btec Level 3 retake after graduation

Ok so i'm in year 13 and have just finished my health exams, i'm not too confident i got the grade i need. The question is whether i can retake a specifc unit as an external applicant during my gap year and will that be added to the grades from my other units and coursework to give an overall grade? or will i need to retake the entire course externally, coursework included?
Original post by BittyLemonBean
Ok so i'm in year 13 and have just finished my health exams, i'm not too confident i got the grade i need. The question is whether i can retake a specifc unit as an external applicant during my gap year and will that be added to the grades from my other units and coursework to give an overall grade? or will i need to retake the entire course externally, coursework included?

You can retake an individual external unit (i.e. the exams for a given unit) without having to re-do any of the internal (coursework) units. The rules (here) say:

"Learners are permitted to resit the external assessment twice. This equates to THREE attempts in total - one inclusive of registration, the remaining two attempts as re-sits."
and
"If learners resit an externally assessed unit, the best grade achieved will count towards their overall qualification grade, not necessarily the most recent sitting."

What I'm less sure about is the concept of resitting it "as an external applicant during my gap year". That's probably a question best directed at the school / college where you're currently taking your BTEC. If you could resit it with them (without having to actually attend, except for the actual exams), that would make things a lot simpler, I suspect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending