Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi There, what are my chances of getting into the

MFE Oxford Program Next Year???

Degree: Management - St Andrews
    GPA: First Class Honours 75% - Top 5-10% of Class
    Exchange: South Africa for 1 year
    Modules: Highest Scores not in Finance, but Strategy Modules, Finance and Economics all v high 2.1 or First.
    References: very good reference letter from MD from on Trading Desk of Tier 1 IB, and from Econ Prof.

School GPA: 90%+ Top of the class

Tier 1 IB - EQ Derivatives Trading London (2 summers in a row)
    Tier 3 IB - Sales & Trading in France (2 summers in a row)

Extra Advantages: Member of the University Squash Team at St Andrews. Minority Nationality: South African.

Languages: Portuguese, French, English and Italian.

GMAT still to go: but approx 720-710...

Has anyone done the MFE, or been accepted lately - what are my chances to get in ?

anyone ?

I got in with no internships, so I'd say you may be in a good spot. I would say that you have more than a decent shot at an interview.

It all boils down to the interview, where the interviewer submits a report saying if he/she recommends you. There's some option to type in comments for the interviewer too. So if the interviewer strongly recommends you, you are pretty much set. It is a technical interview where the interviewer tests almost everything related to economics / finance / accounting so be prepared to solve mathematical problems and to answer theoretical questions.

I got in with possibly worse stats than you but aced the interview so it all depends.

Pretty sure the GMAT thing is a threshold value requirement, meet it and forget about it.

Thanks for the swift reply

A. Is everyone being interviewed?
    B. what do you mean by may be in a good spot but I have more than a decent shot at the interview? Do you mean I will have chance to get an interview, an may receive a place, or do you mean my profile will get me spot ?!
    C. What are your exact stats?
    D. i didnt score extremly high in finance courses, nor have I had econometrics courses in my ugrad, but overall in the top5% is that a problem?
    E. I have taken a statistics and calculus course at another institution and I have a a certificate, will ox accept that ? I couldn't take the courses at uni because I didn't meet the prerequisites.
    E. My first year did not count towards my degree, it won't show in my transcript right? Nor will Oxford require a transcript right ?
    Many questions hehe thanks for helping
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.