The Student Room Group

Anyone applied for MOD apprenticeship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thats what I'm hoping too, it all seems a lot more stressful than it needs to be!

A woman phoned me a couple of weeks ago to confirm an old address I lived at, so I guess the checks must have been done by now.

I imagine the delay is more due to poor administration than because we've failed any checks. Thats what I'm hoping anyway!!
Reply 41
To be fair, I'm sure they can't let us go out and buy gear then only to tell us we haven't got the job.

I'm not sure whats happening but it is getting a bit worrying. Seeing as Bristol start a week earlier and the guy in Bristol heard last Thursday, I'm kinda hoping we will hear by tomorrow.
Reply 42
Just checked my status on the NSV and it says completed so thats a bit more hope! I assume yours will be as well gents.

If we don't get any more information about clothing, what are you guys gonna do on the first day? Think I'll just wear normal clothes and take my overalls/boots with me.
Reply 43
I think our first week is at Abbey Wood, hoping to get some more detailed information soon.

But yeah, I think I'll probably go with smart trouser, shoes and shirt on first day if its at Abbey Wood.
Are you allowed to discuss this stuff when it comes to MOD? I know with the graduate schemes you can't tell anyone you've applied for MI5 :lol:
Reply 45
Just spoke to the HR people, my security clearance has been completed too, the girl I spoke to said we should receive our certificates quite soon.

I also asked about start location/times, she didnt know much and just said we would be told shortly. But I guess we already knew that. ;-)
Reply 46
Maybe not everyone's is completed yet and that's what we are waiting for?

What makes you think our first week is gonna be in Abbey Wood?
Reply 47
I think the HR guy mentioned that to me a few weeks back when I spoke to him regarding employment confirmation so I could rent a room in bristol.

I didn't make it up, honest! ;-)
Reply 48
We'll have to wait and see anyway but I would be driving up, could try and get a few of us to lump in my car so share the fuel, will be much much much cheaper than a train. But hey ho, might not even be happening yet!
I haven't had a formal offer or a contract yet i just got an e-mail saying all my checks have successfully been completed and i will be receiving my formal offer and contract very soon. In the e-mail about the PPE clothing it says even if your checks haven't been completed you will still start 2nd september under a provisional offer until checks are completed.
Reply 50
Yeah see nobody (as far as I know) has had an email saying the checks have been completed and a formal offer is on its way.
I received an email about Ppe and start date for Bristol is the 3rd of August, I questioned my nsv checks and they said that mine is completed and we should hear early next week of induction week arrangements, like a lot of you in waiting for my formal offer and certificate for nsv checks
Has anybody had their formal offer yet? I've had 2 emails saying all my checks are successfully completed and will be receiving my formal offer very soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Nope, not a sniff since the PPE email. Gonna have to buy my gear this week, thats £80 I could do with seeing the MOT is next week :frown:
I had an email yesterday explaining where and what I'm doing on my first day as well as saying the deeds of my apprenticeship will be handed over, I'm guessing when the deeds are handed over that is the formal confirmation
Yes I got the same e-mail literally 5mins after I wrote on here. Start Monday 2nd at bristol. 9:30 :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Congrats guys. Now our turn! :smile:
Reply 57
Hi All
Just wondering how you are getting on. I am thinking of applying this year. Just wondering if you feel as if you have made a good decision?
Reply 58
Yeah its pretty good. Only thing to be aware of which came as a shock is the hours. Its 8:30-4:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but 9-8 Tuesdays & Thursdays. That being said I can't remember the last time we stayed that late. We did in the beginning but if you get assignments done, lecturers become more lenient. Overall though, it is a good course (so far anyway).Think it will improve when we get away from the college but yeah, I'd definitely recommend it.
Reply 59
Tell me please:

- how did you scored at the tests to be successful?
- what do they ask in the interviews?
- is there a permanent position after the apprenticeship?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending