The Student Room Group

S6 need Advice/Help for Higher

Obviously, my exams didn't go as well as I thought, I got ABCC at higher, and I needed AABB to go to Stirling (Now need AABBB) but I'm attempting to get the 1 A and 2 Bs I need. I'm appealing Media, but resitting it if it goes wrong. I just need general advice because I'm really worried about not going to Uni. I'm taking 5 Highers this year, RMPS, Media, French, Mods and Foundation Apprenticeship which is a B for stirring and also left over from when I wanted to be a teacher. I'm really nervous about it and I would get like some advice on what my best course of action to secure any of these at an A or B. Especially French.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by LegitSearchIndex
Obviously, my exams didn't go as well as I thought, I got ABCC at higher, and I needed AABB to go to Stirling (Now need AABBB) but I'm attempting to get the 1 A and 2 Bs I need. I'm appealing Media, but resitting it if it goes wrong. I just need general advice because I'm really worried about not going to Uni. I'm taking 5 Highers this year, RMPS, Media, French, Mods and Foundation Apprenticeship which is a B for stirring and also left over from when I wanted to be a teacher. I'm really nervous about it and I would get like some advice on what my best course of action to secure any of these at an A or B. Especially French.

Hey, if I were you just study smart as possible don’t doubt yourself, you can achieve this, I never sat my first Highers until now I’m in S6, doing 5 Highers, I applied to law and I have a lot pressure in my back, I failed all my prelims last year, for my N5, I got an ABBBB, so now I need to push myself this year to get AAABB.

So just make sure you go everything much as possible, RMPS, I’m guessing your doing Buddhism, KU marks are essay to get but analysis is hard, just give a strength/weakness or this consequence/significance of this etc… e.g. Buddha saw the four sights, sick, old, dead, holy man, he understood there is suffering in this world. KU) The significance of this is that Buddha got rid all his material possessions, starved himself, and by meditation , he reached enlightenment and he understood the reality of suffering. (A)

Modern studies, I may be wrong on this, keep writing your essays much as possible until you either get 15/20. Me personally I keep on writing the essays saying it out loud and reading it over and over again until I memorise it. remember there is 2x 20 1x 12, it’s hard to predict we’re the 12 will be this year.

in all, just did it take your time and yourself, go through much practice as possible 👍
Original post by DelenRajeeve
Hey, if I were you just study smart as possible don’t doubt yourself, you can achieve this, I never sat my first Highers until now I’m in S6, doing 5 Highers, I applied to law and I have a lot pressure in my back, I failed all my prelims last year, for my N5, I got an ABBBB, so now I need to push myself this year to get AAABB.

So just make sure you go everything much as possible, RMPS, I’m guessing your doing Buddhism, KU marks are essay to get but analysis is hard, just give a strength/weakness or this consequence/significance of this etc… e.g. Buddha saw the four sights, sick, old, dead, holy man, he understood there is suffering in this world. KU) The significance of this is that Buddha got rid all his material possessions, starved himself, and by meditation , he reached enlightenment and he understood the reality of suffering. (A)

Modern studies, I may be wrong on this, keep writing your essays much as possible until you either get 15/20. Me personally I keep on writing the essays saying it out loud and reading it over and over again until I memorise it. remember there is 2x 20 1x 12, it’s hard to predict we’re the 12 will be this year.

in all, just did it take your time and yourself, go through much practice as possible 👍

Thank you sorry for the later reply this really helped calmed my nerves at the time.

I got All A’s for my prelims, and after most offers sent through decided to drop french to focus on the offers I have been given to improve my chances. The mods ones were really just hitting for that 15/20 which worked a lot. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending