The Student Room Group

Most impressive last minute exam success stories!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RikersIsland
umm pretty sure it's true dip****, econ1 is easy as ****!

Bull. ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheetahs56

loool someone's got some econ fustration (aha just as my economics teacher would say :colondollar:)
AS biology exam on Monday and psychology Weds. i started revision for the biology one today and i will start the psychology one on Tuesday.
Lets hope i can post on this thread when i get my results

I doubt it though, but thats what i get for leaving it last minute!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RikersIsland
loool someone's got some econ fustration (aha just as my economics teacher would say :colondollar:)

Loool na just a butthurt AS student:tongue: Seriously though you killed it mate, congrats:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I once did a French exam with no French dictionary (we were allowed to have one but I was late and forgot it). Got the equivalent of an A.
Original post by iamNatasha
AS biology exam on Monday and psychology Weds. i started revision for the biology one today and i will start the psychology one on Tuesday.
Lets hope i can post on this thread when i get my results

I doubt it though, but thats what i get for leaving it last minute!!!

Day before for Biology lol, I have the same exam and have revised around 14 hours for it this week, and around 25/35 hours overall, and I would be buzzing with a C :colondollar: Biology is not my type of subject
okay so this happened to me in my gcse business exam two years ago
so it was like a normal day we were supposed to have the exam in the morning but due to the fact that the invidulator was being run behind everyone doing exams had to stay in the hall all day to stop anyone cheating or trying to find out about questions. When the invidulator finally go to he school we all lined up went in and sat down everything was going fine until half way through the exam someone in the hall got a nosebleed and a few girls in our year (i go to an all girls school) have a phobia of blood and also so did the invidulator surprisingly one girl fainted and so did the invidulator so due to a big fuss made we were all told to stop writing and we had to stay in the hall until the exam time was officially over then they let us out later they told us that they would enter us for the summer when the retake exams would take place so i had to officially do the exam in the summer. D; and plus the summer exam was harder!!
So I had 2 exams on the same day (chemistry and biology), I put all my energy into revising biology and just went to the briefing for my chemistry 'revision'.
Turns out I got a C in biology (after all that effort) and an A in chemistry, this killed me inside ahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
For most of my GCSEs, I feel guilty for getting my grades. Especially the sciences and RS. RS was a bit stupid really.

But AS was a little different :tongue: Won't feel bad about what grades I get in these!
Original post by RiaIM
okay so this happened to me in my gcse business exam two years ago
so it was like a normal day we were supposed to have the exam in the morning but due to the fact that the invidulator was being run behind everyone doing exams had to stay in the hall all day to stop anyone cheating or trying to find out about questions. When the invidulator finally go to he school we all lined up went in and sat down everything was going fine until half way through the exam someone in the hall got a nosebleed and a few girls in our year (i go to an all girls school) have a phobia of blood and also so did the invidulator surprisingly one girl fainted and so did the invidulator so due to a big fuss made we were all told to stop writing and we had to stay in the hall until the exam time was officially over then they let us out later they told us that they would enter us for the summer when the retake exams would take place so i had to officially do the exam in the summer. D; and plus the summer exam was harder!!

true story? thats crazy aha but so unfair as well :s couldn't they just send your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Started revising for my Unit 3 Economics 2 days before the exam when I had missed much of the year and got 100 UMS, no idea how.
AS History, I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to drop it. One of the papers was on British political History and I only started revising the weekend before and only really revised one government because I'd decided I didn't care anymore, which luckily was the one that came up and I ended up getting an A. I did not deserve it at all though. In the end I didn't drop History.
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
AS History, I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to drop it. One of the papers was on British political History and I only started revising the weekend before and only really revised one government because I'd decided I didn't care anymore, which luckily was the one that came up and I ended up getting an A. I did not deserve it at all though. In the end I didn't drop History.

Why was it so bad at the time? im thinking about doing AS History

Posted from TSR Mobile
For my gcse german controlled speaking I had to do s presentation.

I completely forgot about it until the morning of the test and luckily had my notes. Managed to learn it prettymuch word perfect through my chemistry lesson then ran off to record. Turned out to be my best one and got an A :smile:

Last year I didn't do any external/home revision for music until the weekend before (it was on a monday and clashed with my bio exam also) spent two days with my best friend mr whiteboard learning bar and beat references off by heart and pulled an A out of somewhere for the exam!!!!! 0.0
Well I've got many exams of which I haven't revised for at all so I'll have plenty of last minute revision to do...and yet here I am sat procrastinating on TSR! Haha. :tongue:
Reply 395
In year 9, was doing my IT half gcse and it was soo boring. There were 2 projects with 5 objectives each. I had to do a database and a newsletter and write up about it in these objectives. 1 and 2 were easy and done quickly. But 3 and 4, were the really time consuming ones with loads of little parts to each thing where you had go through the whole project and explain it and 5 was the evaluation.

So I did 1 and 2 in class, did nothing over easter, the deadline was the monday of the first week of may. Everyone had finished all their objectives during Easter.. I did 60% of my coursework in one night. Didn't sleep at all and came into school but made some excuse so I handed it in 2 or 3 days late. I did around 20% of my project during that time. I got my results: 82/84!!
Forget weekend the recent additional science exam I only started revising at 10pm night before and the next morning but woke up late I think I have done well and I achieved an A* last year. I dont understand why we are advised against revisinv up untill last minute because it helps.
Original post by ReubenC29
Why was it so bad at the time? im thinking about doing AS History

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't so much the course, I just had a really really bad teacher who ended up getting sacked and so we were really under prepared and then the teacher that replaced him wasn't great either so a whole load of us were just fed up and wanted to drop it.
Reply 398
Oh and also this doesn't really count because it was like controlled assessment, but for my english macbeth one I literally wrote the plan after coming into school just before assembly and english was the first lesson. In the last 15 minutes of the CA I like deleted 3 paragraphs and wrote 2 new ones (which is a lot considering the CA was 4 hours and the word limit was 1000 words) and I got an A*.

There was also a history controlled assessment where I did work hard and everything but I finished my essay 500 words too early. We had to write 2000 words (excluding quotes) and my count was 1500 excluding quotes. Everyone else had written right up to the limit at like 2150 words so I was really scared but I got full marks :biggrin:
Yesterday I re-sat my A2 Law exam. The final question which came up was the answer I learned in an hour before the exam because I was early to the exam... It was a 25 mark question... And my answer was near enough perfect. MORAL OF THIS STORY: NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending