The Student Room Group

8 weeks to revise for 5 engineering modules

I'm a second year Engineering student and I've slacked off the whole semester so now I've got five module exams 3 weeks after Easter holidays which gives me about 8-9 weeks to basically catch up from scratch.

I know this is a long time and its perfectly doable, but any tips and similar success stories would be helpful.
(edited 1 month ago)
Time to do the hard miles. As a second year, the results will go towards your final grade. Make a clear plan of study - don't do the easy subjects first, start with the ones you struggle with most. Break down your day into chucks of study with chunks of time off to refresh. Usually, 30 minutes on, then 10 minute off. In the off period, do NOT look at your social media, listen to some meditation music and relax, do some stretching etc.
Original post by LowkieZhang
I'm a second year Engineering student and I've slacked off the whole semester so now I've got five module exams 3 weeks after Easter holidays which gives me about 8-9 weeks to basically catch up from scratch.
I know this is a long time and its perfectly doable, but any tips and similar success stories would be helpful.
Hi there

I would recommend creating a revision timetable first before starting any exam preparation. For each module, i find it useful to look at past paper exams and identifying which topics come up frequently and what themes are the most important. I believe this can help you narrow down what areas you will study and focus on more and which you will pay less attention to.

In previous years, I attempted to revise a broader range of topics, which did not work in my favour. Instead I have found that going into more depth in specific topics has been a useful strategy for me. Although I do study law, not engineering, so i'm not sure how applicable that strategy will be for your course.

I would also recommend trying to do some past paper questions under a timed condition, to get an idea of how much you can write during the exam environment.

I hope this helps and good luck with your exam
Chloe
University of Kent student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending