The Student Room Group

AQA Additional Biology 2: 14th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

I found the paper okay; the six marker looked easy. But that was the part I forgot to revise in detail. I gave it a shot anyway, based on what I could remember =P Even so, the middle section was easy, it was just the most of last question that slipped me up. Hoping for a strong A really, but an nice A* would take pressure off C2 and P2 marks. Then it could be possible to get an A* overall.
Reply 21
Original post by StudyScience98
Yeah, I thought the 6 marker on enzymes was great. Some other questions, like the one about HEXA enzyme were a little tricky though...

I didn't read the question properly and didn't read the bit about the 'fat' enzyme so wrote about all of the enzymes..
Original post by Applequestria
I got confused by that too, but I put in the answers of 4 and 8 for species A and species B respectively - apparently, that should be correct according to my biology teacher.

Yes! Thank you!
Reply 23
The question about chromosomes were slightly confusing. In the boxes where you had to fill in the amount of chromosomes I wrote "23" in both boxes then "46" in the box underneath. A few of my friends wrote this, however other friends are telling me that you had to count the number of chromosomes under "Species A" and "Species B" and fill those in instead. Apparently it was 4 and 8 to = 12 in total? What did you guys write?
Reply 24
Original post by Applequestria
I got confused by that too, but I put in the answers of 4 and 8 for species A and species B respectively - apparently, that should be correct according to my biology teacher. Quite a few people got confused by the boxes and randomly ticked a box ^.^

I found the HEXA gene questions the hardest, actually. The six mark question was fairly easy.

It'd be good if someone made an unofficial mark scheme for B2 and B3 :P

Yes they're the answers a lot of my friends got. I put 2 and 5 down -.- oh haha..

I found the HEXA Gene question ok, it took me a while to understand it though. It took me 10 minutes to figure out that it was caused by a recessive allele because the punnet square was soo confusing! I didn't read what the context for the six marker was properly, so wrote about all of the enzymes instead of just lipase :frown:

Ermm I was just going to say that :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by AS777
The question about chromosomes were slightly confusing. In the boxes where you had to fill in the amount of chromosomes I wrote "23" in both boxes then "46" in the box underneath. A few of my friends wrote this, however other friends are telling me that you had to count the number of chromosomes under "Species A" and "Species B" and fill those in instead. Apparently it was 4 and 8 to = 12 in total? What did you guys write?

Yep, that's right it should be 4 and 8 = 12
Original post by AS777

Yep, 12 is right.
Yeah, I'd say around 80% of the people in my class wrote about all enzymes instead of just lipase.
Reply 28
What about the probability tree diagram?

Was it like this : Hh Hh
H h H h
HH Hh Hh hh

???
Original post by AS777
What about the probability tree diagram?

Was it like this : Hh Hh
H h H h
HH Hh Hh hh

???

Yeah, I think so. Oh, and what about the question with the clover in the field?
What did everyone put for the question about the number of squares in the quadrat?
Reply 31
Yeah, I think so. Oh, and what about the question with the clover in the field?

First I got 7... then I got 13... I was confused but I went with 13 because I subtracted 25 by the number of white squares. There were around 12 white squares so I went with 13?
I got 7...
It was the next part that really got me though...
I got 7...
It was the next part that really got me though...

I got 7 too, what about the percentage?
Reply 34
Q1: Phloem & Xylem
b) Oxygen

Q2: 8.6
a)i) Hydrochloric acid
b)i) X

I remember writing these for the first few questions
Reply 35
I made so many stupid mistakes throughout it!

On the quadrat question I forgot to only count half squares and ended up with around 14. Hopefully, they will carry on my answer and I'll still receive marks for my percentage.

I didn't even know what was going on at the last two pages.
Yes, I got the same!
A lot of people put digestive juices for 2(a)(i) though, but I remember the question said "which substance"
Reply 37
Original post by AS777
First I got 7... then I got 13... I was confused but I went with 13 because I subtracted 25 by the number of white squares. There were around 12 white squares so I went with 13?

I went with 13 too! I'm not convinced that it's correct though, all of my friends went with 6/7. :frown:
Reply 38
I forgot to mention speciation in the last question :angry:
Reply 39
Made an account just to post here :3 Just realized I got both parts of the yeast cell question wrong... My mind went blank :frown: Also I got 32% for the quadrat question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending