The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
I just wanted to write this post so I could tell you all how incredibly amazing you are. I’ve met some of the most beautiful, caring and strong people in my time on this thread. Everyone of you has inspired me with your resilience. No matter how tough things get you all keep going. It’s one of those amazing things in life I’ve got to witness, the strength and determination you all possess to continue getting up every single day. You are all such an inspiration to me, you’ve changed my life. You guys were the reason I went to get help in the first place. I don’t know where I’d be without this thread.
Things aren’t perfect for me, and I’m not sure they ever will be. But the main thing is I’m slowly getting the MH support in place.

Unfortunately, there have been a few differences, and I really don’t feel comfortable to be posting here at the moment. I’m not sure I ever will be again, and it’s incredibly sad for me to say bye to this thread, when some of you have quite honestly become part of my family. I’m actually crying while writing this, because of how difficult this is for me to do. However, I will be around via PM and Skype (for those of you who have it. Anyone who wants it, feel free to PM me and ask me for it.)

Original post by -FireFlies-
x

Just wanted to say a special thank you to you… I know how incredibly tough things have been for you. Yet you still keep going… I’m so proud to have known you, and I’m sure we’ll definitely be speaking on Skype again, so this is not a good bye at all
Original post by asdfgah
x

Thank you so much for helping me with the flashbacks, and giving me the techniques to help me stay in control. Not sure what I would have done without them, as therapy is taking forever. So thank you so much for giving me back a tiny bit of control. You’re one of those insanely inspirational people I’ve met, that I spoke about before. I know how tough flashbacks can be for me, and I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like for you. I can only hope that things really start to improve for you. You’re one of those people who without a doubt deserve a much better life than what you have currently. If you ever need someone to chat to, please give me a message on skype :hugs:
Original post by Kindred
x

You were one of the people who messaged me when I really needed someone to talk to. I’m sorry that my replies were s**t, and I’m sorry I didn’t reply all the time… I really hope things get better for you too
Original post by ANONYM00SE
x

First things first, I will miss talking about pink penises with you and IDukem :tongue:. Nah but seriously, you’re an amazing and smart person, and I wish you all the best with uni and everything. If you ever need anything, I’m just a PM away
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
x

You gave me such an amazing welcome into the thread, and I wanted to thank you for that and for making me feel comfortable and such. I’m sorry I didn’t really get to know you much though
Original post by HmMusic
x

Again, I’m sorry I didn’t get to know you much either. But I hope you have the most beautiful baby. I’m sure you’re going to be an amazing mum, no matter how scary it seems. Everyone in this thread is totally behind you!
Original post by 08batee
x

Hun… I don’t even know where to start. You’re the one person who could truly relate to everything, and vice versa. I know we both struggled to talk to each other, due to our situations being so similar which led to lots of triggering. However, I found comfort in knowing that you understood me, knew I wasn’t crazy for how I felt… I know first hand how s**t this situation is. How strong you have to be to continue. And I’m so insanely proud that you’re still fighting it. You never deserved ANY of this, at all. I promise you that, and I can only hope that one day you’ll honestly, deep down believe it. I promise your friend doesn’t hate you either. In fact, I bet their flippin’ proud that you’re still battling through, even though it’s tough. I am ALWAYS here for you, and I’m getting triggered less and less, so I’m sure that soon, you can talk to me, without worrying I’d be triggered. In the mean time, please feel free to PM me, whenever you need :jumphug:
Original post by IDukem
x

I don’t even know where to begin in this one… It seems like we’ve been friends for AGES. And I can officially say you are crazzzyyyyy :tongue:. You are such a kind-hearted person, and one day you are gonna make a girl super duper happy :biggrin:. I’m so so so proud to call you my friend. I promise I won’t stop PM’ing you (even though I have been a super s**t friend and not replied to your last one due to hiding away from the world I promise I shall reply very shortly though. Possibly tomorrow as this post is turning me into an emotional wreck and I’m not even done :tongue:. I’m so insanely proud about how you’re getting your life on track, honestly… Seeing where you’ve come from, and your determination to get to where you want to be, that’s insane. And you’ve always been there for me, dragging me along and trying to pull me up. So thank you so much… I really do think you’re an insanely brilliantly awesomesauce epic person
P.S… I’m still waiting for you to invite me to Atlantis! :tongue:
Original post by PonchoKid
x

My sister from another mister… I don’t even know where to begin. I knew this would be the hardest part to write, even though I know this is never going to be a goodbye, considering you have my address now and you’d probably track me down if I ever left :tongue:. We’ve shared so many tears…happy and sad. I guess there’s probably been more sad tears, but that’s what’s made us stronger as friends. We’ve both been there to support each other… even though we haven’t been in the best places together. When you cry, I cry. When you smile, I smile. And vice versa… We have so much in common… Magic Mike, coco pops, Pitch Perfect, ‘Scape, etc :tongue:. And I’m so happy we met.

You really are my sister from another mister, and you are such an insanely beautiful person, who makes epic sock monkies. You have such an amazing boyfriend, who I KNOW is gonna take care of you, because he always has. You guys really do deserve each other, and I’m glad you have each other, to get through the hard times. Both of you have been incredibly kind to me, and I will never ever forget either of you. You’re both so strong, and courageous… you have beautiful souls that deserve to be happy, and one day I know you’ve both gonna make it out, and live the most perfect, happy lives. I hope I continue being friends with you, and so that I get to see that.
P.S. we still need the sock monkey day, and nail painting day :tongue:. I expect plans soon!

This really isn't goodbye forever. I still will be around, and I hope one day I will return to this thread. I honestly will miss you all so much, and I apologise if I missed anyone out. You've become like a mini family to me, and I really do love you guys

So, for now... goodbye
Original post by Sarah'
I just wanted to write this post so I could tell you all how incredibly amazing you are. I’ve met some of the most beautiful, caring and strong people in my time on this thread. Everyone of you has inspired me with your resilience. No matter how tough things get you all keep going. It’s one of those amazing things in life I’ve got to witness, the strength and determination you all possess to continue getting up every single day. You are all such an inspiration to me, you’ve changed my life. You guys were the reason I went to get help in the first place. I don’t know where I’d be without this thread.
Things aren’t perfect for me, and I’m not sure they ever will be. But the main thing is I’m slowly getting the MH support in place.

Unfortunately, there have been a few differences, and I really don’t feel comfortable to be posting here at the moment. I’m not sure I ever will be again, and it’s incredibly sad for me to say bye to this thread, when some of you have quite honestly become part of my family. I’m actually crying while writing this, because of how difficult this is for me to do. However, I will be around via PM and Skype (for those of you who have it. Anyone who wants it, feel free to PM me and ask me for it.)

Just wanted to say a special thank you to you… I know how incredibly tough things have been for you. Yet you still keep going… I’m so proud to have known you, and I’m sure we’ll definitely be speaking on Skype again, so this is not a good bye at all

Thank you so much for helping me with the flashbacks, and giving me the techniques to help me stay in control. Not sure what I would have done without them, as therapy is taking forever. So thank you so much for giving me back a tiny bit of control. You’re one of those insanely inspirational people I’ve met, that I spoke about before. I know how tough flashbacks can be for me, and I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s like for you. I can only hope that things really start to improve for you. You’re one of those people who without a doubt deserve a much better life than what you have currently. If you ever need someone to chat to, please give me a message on skype :hugs:

You were one of the people who messaged me when I really needed someone to talk to. I’m sorry that my replies were s**t, and I’m sorry I didn’t reply all the time… I really hope things get better for you too

First things first, I will miss talking about pink penises with you and IDukem :tongue:. Nah but seriously, you’re an amazing and smart person, and I wish you all the best with uni and everything. If you ever need anything, I’m just a PM away

You gave me such an amazing welcome into the thread, and I wanted to thank you for that and for making me feel comfortable and such. I’m sorry I didn’t really get to know you much though

Again, I’m sorry I didn’t get to know you much either. But I hope you have the most beautiful baby. I’m sure you’re going to be an amazing mum, no matter how scary it seems. Everyone in this thread is totally behind you!

Hun… I don’t even know where to start. You’re the one person who could truly relate to everything, and vice versa. I know we both struggled to talk to each other, due to our situations being so similar which led to lots of triggering. However, I found comfort in knowing that you understood me, knew I wasn’t crazy for how I felt… I know first hand how s**t this situation is. How strong you have to be to continue. And I’m so insanely proud that you’re still fighting it. You never deserved ANY of this, at all. I promise you that, and I can only hope that one day you’ll honestly, deep down believe it. I promise your friend doesn’t hate you either. In fact, I bet their flippin’ proud that you’re still battling through, even though it’s tough. I am ALWAYS here for you, and I’m getting triggered less and less, so I’m sure that soon, you can talk to me, without worrying I’d be triggered. In the mean time, please feel free to PM me, whenever you need :jumphug:

I don’t even know where to begin in this one… It seems like we’ve been friends for AGES. And I can officially say you are crazzzyyyyy :tongue:. You are such a kind-hearted person, and one day you are gonna make a girl super duper happy :biggrin:. I’m so so so proud to call you my friend. I promise I won’t stop PM’ing you (even though I have been a super s**t friend and not replied to your last one due to hiding away from the world I promise I shall reply very shortly though. Possibly tomorrow as this post is turning me into an emotional wreck and I’m not even done :tongue:. I’m so insanely proud about how you’re getting your life on track, honestly… Seeing where you’ve come from, and your determination to get to where you want to be, that’s insane. And you’ve always been there for me, dragging me along and trying to pull me up. So thank you so much… I really do think you’re an insanely brilliantly awesomesauce epic person

My sister from another mister… I don’t even know where to begin. I knew this would be the hardest part to write, even though I know this is never going to be a goodbye, considering you have my address now and you’d probably track me down if I ever left :tongue:. We’ve shared so many tears…happy and sad. I guess there’s probably been more sad tears, but that’s what’s made us stronger as friends. We’ve both been there to support each other… even though we haven’t been in the best places together. When you cry, I cry. When you smile, I smile. And vice versa… We have so much in common… Magic Mike, coco pops, Pitch Perfect, ‘Scape, etc :tongue:. And I’m so happy we met.

You really are my sister from another mister, and you are such an insanely beautiful person, who makes epic sock monkies. You have such an amazing boyfriend, who I KNOW is gonna take care of you, because he always has. You guys really do deserve each other, and I’m glad you have each other, to get through the hard times. Both of you have been incredibly kind to me, and I will never ever forget either of you. You’re both so strong, and courageous… you have beautiful souls that deserve to be happy, and one day I know you’ve both gonna make it out, and live the most perfect, happy lives. I hope I continue being friends with you, and so that I get to see that.
P.S. we still need the sock monkey day, and nail painting day :tongue:. I expect plans soon!

This really isn't goodbye forever. I still will be around, and I hope one day I will return to this thread. I honestly will miss you all so much, and I apologise if I missed anyone out. You've become like a mini family to me, and I really do love you guys

So, for now... goodbye

:hugs: it won't be the same without you! I hope you do come back to the thread and sooner rather than later :smile: Take care and thanks. You can always PM me. Out of the blue and random is fine by me. I'm also not triggered by anything just to let you know. Miss you already!
Original post by bullettheory
Just sent off my application to be a Special Constable :smile: Also sent off an application to the Samaritans and another volunteer job working with support workers - all look really exciting. Really nervous about the Special Constable thing - it's something I've wanted for a while, just hoping my MH doesn't hold me back.

Been a bit mixed recently. Voices/hallucinations have been a bit worse recently, and have been saying mean things. Also getting quite paranoid and worried about going out, feeling like I'm being followed. Trying to tell myself its just me feeling stressed, but as each day goes on, it gets a bit harder to believe that. Feeling anxious too - going on holiday in a week, and I'm panicking so much about the food, the plane, being ill etc. Sigh.

Hoping I get something to do to fill my time soon - currently all I seem to do is gym and play Flight Simulator...

Wow, best of luck for that!!!! That is pretty amazing!
Original post by Sarah'

So, for now... goodbye

You made me cry, that's totes not cool! Haha. I will quite literally track you down with my bag of teddy stuffing and socks if you dissapeared off the face of the earth :tongue:
I'll ALWAYS support you Hun, no matter what, that's what sisters do right? :h:

You can totes be god mother in 10 years time :wink:

Plans when I'm back in the north yes!!! I'll bring my fluff with me :smile:

Love youuuuu <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3984
Original post by Sarah'

So, for now... goodbye

I get a thank-you/good-bye message :'-) :h:

It has been/will still be an honour to be associated as a friend of yours :smile: Hey, i'm not that crazy gosh!! :wink: Thank you hun! That's a compliment i'll stick in my memory bank cause it means a lot :h: You've been a rock to me during the worst times and that's something I won't forget, so it's safe to say that you're just as if not more kind-hearted than I am for putting up with all those rants I had thrown your way. You haven't been a **** friend AT ALL and all I wish for is you to feel happier within yourself eventually and life the best possible life you can :hugs: PM me whenever you feel it's right to, I can definitely wait so don't worry about that! Hahaa, i've never been great with good-byes, on the last day of year 11, I just walked away at the end of the day (saying some goodbyes) but smiling and reflecting on the 5 years i spent at the place. I came back for another two years obviously and then more or less but it was more emotional cause that really was it. Awwwwww thanks a lot, it's been a roller coaster for the both of us and yet we're still fighting our way thorugh it all. You may not see it yourself, but I can see the fighter within you and you have just as much determination as I have :smile: You're a super duper awesomely brilliantly amazinly bada$$ person too :h:
There's a 5 star aquatic room just for you! :wink:

Well all I can say is good luck for whatever you're doing next if you're reading this. When one chapter ends, another one begins :smile:

Take care :hugs:
Reply 3985
Original post by Sarah'

Before I write the rest of this post, I just wanted to say thanks for the lovely message. I'm really glad that I could have helped at all, because you don't deserve any of this and if I could make dealing with flashbacks easier for just one person then that makes me really happy.

Original post by Sarah'
Unfortunately, there have been a few differences, and I really don’t feel comfortable to be posting here at the moment. I’m not sure I ever will be again, and it’s incredibly sad for me to say bye to this thread, when some of you have quite honestly become part of my family. I’m actually crying while writing this, because of how difficult this is for me to do.

I do think this is a bit.. over the top? Granted, I don't know exactly what happened so can't make any firm judgments, but I'm assuming that your post(s) were reported for being triggering. Given that nobody can predict exactly what will trigger someone else, I'm quite glad that the system for reporting posts is in place. It sounds like Idle PMed those whose posts have been deleted, so I'm not too sure what the big deal is. If I've misunderstood then I apologise.

So now I can't even post to say ill no longer be posting here anymore, otherwise it mysteriously disappears :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe because this is supposed to be a support society and posts which increase a rift/divide between posters don't really foster a supportive atmosphere? In general I think deleting of posts should be done subtley and discussion about it should happen by PM. New people reading this might be scared away from posting, because they think that their posts will all be deleted.. I can honestly say that that doesn't happen to my posts, nor those of most people in here, so if it happened to yours it was probably due to a SH reference or similar.

Well no cos my first post got deleted along with every other ****ing post I seem to make, so I might as well give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

on a serious note though guys, its amazing we have a support society thats available and has ALWAYS been supportive, but currently posts are being deleted without even being told, even when they havnt broken the rules. i know im stupid, but i thought support ment helping people when they most need it...

It seems seriously inflammatory to post this sort of thing. Apparently you had a PM explaining what the problem was, so what did that say? The system either needs to be completely transparent or completely private IMHO, because posting half-details like "my posts are being deleted!!" without explaining the reasons is likely to cause upset.

I'm not really sure what's going on, but I really just wanted to post because I hope that new posters won't be deterred by this sort of thing. The rules are in place for a reason, because reading about certain topics can be incredibly upsetting for some people, and they are spelled out pretty clearly. Given that some details have been posted publically (i.e. that posts have been deleted) I think there needs to be some public discussion about what leads to that happening, otherwise it might just make the society seem unduly threatening. Just my two cents.

Idle
x

Quoted you because you might be able to explain slightly better (not for specific cases of moderation, because I know that has to happen in AAM) what generally leads to a post being deleted, so that everyone knows what to expect and isn't frightened away from posting by emotional "goodbye" posts or a seeming rift between mods and other posters.
Reply 3986
Original post by asdfgah

I do think this is a bit.. over the top? Granted, I don't know exactly what happened so can't make any firm judgments, but I'm assuming that your post(s) were reported for being triggering. Given that nobody can predict exactly what will trigger someone else, I'm quite glad that the system for reporting posts is in place. It sounds like Idle PMed those whose posts have been deleted, so I'm not too sure what the big deal is. If I've misunderstood then I apologise.

It's not ever over the top if she wants to leave regardless if it's permanently or temporarily, likewise when you left for a bit a few months back. It could literally be more than just a little riff and something that is between her and the mods only, or it might not even be that at all and she just wants a break away. So to her, it could very well be a big deal otherwise she wouldn't just leave for the sake of it.
Sorry if this comes of as rude though, it wasn't my intention :smile:
Reply 3987
Original post by IDukem
It's not ever over the top if she wants to leave regardless if it's permanently or temporarily, likewise when you left for a bit a few months back. It could literally be more than just a little riff and something that is between her and the mods only, or it might not even be that at all and she just wants a break away. So to her, it could very well be a big deal otherwise she wouldn't just leave for the sake of it.
Sorry if this comes of as rude though, it wasn't my intention :smile:

I'm not saying that leaving is over the top. I think people have the right to leave whenever they want to. I think that writing a very emotional goodbye post, alongside all of the other posts yesterday (from multiple people) talking about posts being deleted for no reason could be off-putting to potential posters who need the support, and I stand by that. (Doesn't come off as rude btw, I hope mine didn't either. Alongside MH stuff some doctors and other professionals think that I am on the autistic spectrum, and I don't really do anything other than bluntness. It's not intended to be rude, just honest.)
Reply 3988
Eeep :s-smilie:

Dont know what happened with deleting post things but hopefully not everyone will abandon this thread :/
Reply 3989
Original post by asdfgah
I'm not saying that leaving is over the top. I think people have the right to leave whenever they want to. I think that writing a very emotional goodbye post, alongside all of the other posts yesterday (from multiple people) talking about posts being deleted for no reason could be off-putting to potential posters who need the support, and I stand by that. (Doesn't come off as rude btw, I hope mine didn't either. Alongside MH stuff some doctors and other professionals think that I am on the autistic spectrum, and I don't really do anything other than bluntness. It's not intended to be rude, just honest.)

Ahhhh all right I see, i'm sorry for the misinterpretation :colondollar: I haven't been fully posting on this thread for a bit so I have no idea about posts being deleted or how long that's been going on for. You didn't sound rude at all and as you say, you're being honest :smile:
Reply 3990
Original post by zonkfrog
Eeep :s-smilie:

Dont know what happened with deleting post things but hopefully not everyone will abandon this thread :/

I don't think we've spoken before but welcome to MHSS if we haven't!
I think it's really unlikely that too many people will leave, as a lot of us have never had a problem with posts being deleted.

Hope you're doing ok. :smile:
Guys, what do you do when there a lot of things that you have to do, all of them important to a certain degree, but you have trouble even doing one of them. I start to freak out because every time I think ok I do that but then I also have to do that, and that. And I just can't even bring myself to start doing one of them.

I don't even know why I can't start doing them, it's not like they're difficult or anything.
Reply 3992
Original post by danny111
Guys, what do you do when there a lot of things that you have to do, all of them important to a certain degree, but you have trouble even doing one of them. I start to freak out because every time I think ok I do that but then I also have to do that, and that. And I just can't even bring myself to start doing one of them.

I don't even know why I can't start doing them, it's not like they're difficult or anything.

Sometimes it helps me to talk them through with other people, or even just to make a list of what I need to do. When I'm depressed enough that doing things is hard but still ok enough to care and be able to do things, sometimes I timetable my day (with plenty of rest breaks) so that I know what I'm meant to be doing and when. It helps for me to have done all of the planning already so that all I have to do next is follow my own instructions.
What' going on? I'm ill and I've just come on here and apparently posts are being deleted and people are leaving? Please don't leave, this thread has been really helpful to me when I've really needed it :sad:
Original post by asdfgah
Sometimes it helps me to talk them through with other people, or even just to make a list of what I need to do. When I'm depressed enough that doing things is hard but still ok enough to care and be able to do things, sometimes I timetable my day (with plenty of rest breaks) so that I know what I'm meant to be doing and when. It helps for me to have done all of the planning already so that all I have to do next is follow my own instructions.

Hey, thanks, that sounds like a really good way to go about things. Gives you structure, I think I need that anyway in my life at the moment. One day I manage to get to bed but the next I stay up til 2,3 am again and feel exhausted the next day.

I'm gonna do that now, I have a therapist appointment later, and I will do one of the things before I have to leave for that and one after :smile:
Reply 3995
Hey, thanks, that sounds like a really good way to go about things. Gives you structure, I think I need that anyway in my life at the moment. One day I manage to get to bed but the next I stay up til 2,3 am again and feel exhausted the next day.

I'm gonna do that now, I have a therapist appointment later, and I will do one of the things before I have to leave for that and one after :smile:

:smile: Hope it's helpful! I really like having a structure to my day, it's hard when you're not doing too well but I think it's helpful. Right now I'm sort of coping by having a structure imposed by work, exercise, food and sleeping. When I go back to university I think I'm going to start working in the library to give my days more of a work-like structure, because I think I'll get more done that way. When I work in my room I tend to end up going back to bed during the day (not to sleep, just to mope :tongue:) and that's never that helpful haha.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What' going on? I'm ill and I've just come on here and apparently posts are being deleted and people are leaving? Please don't leave, this thread has been really helpful to me when I've really needed it :sad:

I have only just recently started posting here, but I won't leave!
I have only just recently started posting here, but I won't leave!

Good! I haven't been on for a while because I got banned (I'll be good now mods :teehee:) and I came back and saw this and panicked ha
Original post by asdfgah
:smile: Hope it's helpful! I really like having a structure to my day, it's hard when you're not doing too well but I think it's helpful. Right now I'm sort of coping by having a structure imposed by work, exercise, food and sleeping. When I go back to university I think I'm going to start working in the library to give my days more of a work-like structure, because I think I'll get more done that way. When I work in my room I tend to end up going back to bed during the day (not to sleep, just to mope :tongue:) and that's never that helpful haha.

Do you know any people who also go to the library. I knew people who always met at the library to work. They felt more comfortable to work around others and in the library they couldn't talk too much so actually got work done.

And I know what you mean about the bed, at the moment I feel like spending my whole day in bed, but sadly that's no way to live life.

And yes, exercise is the only thing at the moment that I truly enjoy. It also settles my inner unrest mostly. And I joined table tennis club so I also now get to be around people while doing it so that's nice.

But respect for your organisation! I think I will ask my mum to help me plan and kind of keep a check that I stick to it.
Reply 3999
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

On a personal note, I don't know whether i'm leaving this thread for a bit or staying, i'm helpful or unhelpful and this and that. I haven't really been posting in this thread recently so this, I guess, is me being "back" but only because Sarah' included me in a post. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have posted on this thread.

Latest