Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received an unconditional offer from UCL for an MSc and want to defer until 2014 entry, how likely is it that my request will be accepted? I really don't want to take out a Career Development Loan unless I have to, but I've only got half of the £10,250 tuition fees and that's not including travel costs to and from the uni, which I'd estimate at an extra grand for the year. Do I just email admissions and ask for the deferral and state that I want to make up the tuition/travel costs without taking out a loan?

ReputationRep:
    I asked for a deferral (MSc) and they agreed. I sent an email to the department in order to explain why i want to defer my place and immediately they forwarded the enquiry to central admissions. They whole process took 2 weeks. In your portico account in due course you will see a new blanc application for the same program for the academic year 2014-15. 3-4 days later they will make you a new offer and also they will withdraw the offer for this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's cleared it up for me, thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.