The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Human-Computer Interaction 2023/24

Just thought I'd start this thread to keep in touch with other applicants.

Received an email from UCL stating "Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks." It's odd because we're not past the deadline so the results weren't going to be out within 2 weeks anyway. Did anyone else get this as well?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if neuroscience students eligible to apply for this course?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by truecheesecake

Received an email from UCL stating "Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks." It's odd because we're not past the deadline so the results weren't going to be out within 2 weeks anyway. Did anyone else get this as well?

I didn't get this but I applied February 9th so pretty close to the deadline (lol). From last years thread, it seems that it's just an automated email that was sent out to the early applicants. I believe last year they received the offers around early May so it's gonna take a while..

I'm still waiting for my referee to submit my recommendation letter, I read in the website that the referees can upload the letters for a up to two weeks after the deadline but I'm a bit worried that it will put me at the end of the "line" when admissions start looking at all the applications. Is anyone having the same problem?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by truecheesecake

Hey,

I got this email too. I would not worry as I think it is an automated email. I called UCL admissions a while ago to ask about something and I was told the following: they will have an initial sift after the application deadline passes to remove all people that do not meet the minimum entry requirements (Feb/March). Then, they will assess all remaining applicants and will make offers around the mid/end of May. I called in December and they already had over 500 applicants so it will take them long to assess due to the large number of applicants. I would therefore not stress at all rn but I would also not expect any positive response any time soon...

I hope this is somewhat reassuring!
Original post by StellaLw
Hey,

I got this email too. I would not worry as I think it is an automated email. I called UCL admissions a while ago to ask about something and I was told the following: they will have an initial sift after the application deadline passes to remove all people that do not meet the minimum entry requirements (Feb/March). Then, they will assess all remaining applicants and will make offers around the mid/end of May. I called in December and they already had over 500 applicants so it will take them long to assess due to the large number of applicants. I would therefore not stress at all rn but I would also not expect any positive response any time soon...

I hope this is somewhat reassuring!

Ahhh okay, that makes sense. Thank you so much!
Did anyone get the offer from UCL HCI?
Heard anything from UCL? Offer/rejection?
Received an email yesterday sharing that my application is still under assessment but they don’t have a decision yet and may not have one for atleast another 2 weeks… from last year’s thread that seems like a standard email that goes out around this time.
I haven't received any emails yet, but from looking to last years thread it seems that they didn't get a response until may.
(edited 1 year ago)
I have seen someone sharing her offer of HCI on social media called “Xiaohongshu.”
Her timeline: is 18 Nov to 16 Jan, and the date on the offer is 08 Dec.
hmm that's strange since in the main page it says that "Applications that meet the minimum entry requirements will be reviewed together after the closing date." which was in February. So it's a bit odd that she would have gotten an offer in Dec unless maybe she had deferred the year earlier?
Original post by Esther_W
I have seen someone sharing her offer of HCI on social media called “Xiaohongshu.”
Her timeline: is 18 Nov to 16 Jan, and the date on the offer is 08 Dec.
Original post by haveacroissant
hmm that's strange since in the main page it says that "Applications that meet the minimum entry requirements will be reviewed together after the closing date." which was in February. So it's a bit odd that she would have gotten an offer in Dec unless maybe she had deferred the year earlier?

I agree! This seems highly unlikely or like you suggest, they might have deferred a year. When I contacted UCL admissions regarding the MSc HCI decisions, they informed me that they would be released around mid/late May. And if you look at last years' decisions (in forums), they said the same thing regarding decisions in May but they actually released decisions in June so I think we all still have a while to wait...
Original post by StellaLw
I agree! This seems highly unlikely or like you suggest, they might have deferred a year. When I contacted UCL admissions regarding the MSc HCI decisions, they informed me that they would be released around mid/late May. And if you look at last years' decisions (in forums), they said the same thing regarding decisions in May but they actually released decisions in June so I think we all still have a while to wait...

Last year they gave the offer around the mid of May.
Reply 13
Last year they gave the offer around the mid of May.

Hopefully we find out soon then :smile:
Anybody received any offer / rejection / any sort of communication?

The wait is really unsettling ;(
(edited 11 months ago)
No updates yet.. the wait is killing me
Original post by Jiporev273dogemn
Anybody received any offer / rejection / any sort of communication?

The wait is really unsettling ;(
Reply 16
As I know, some students were rejected last week. However, mine is still under assessment.
As I know, some students were rejected last week. However, mine is still under assessment.

Now that's scary 🫣
Original post by Jiporev273dogemn
Now that's scary 🫣

My very optimistic thought process is that if we are still waiting for a reply it means that we have higher chances :P
Reply 19
So after a busy exam period/diss hand in I have just checked to find I have a conditional offer (dated 09/05). I didn't receive email notification or anything so make sure you check the portal.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending