The Student Room Group

English Lit B-17th May exam

Hi guys, I need some help figuring out what mark I need to get in the exam to get an A!
So overall in both my coursework pieces combined I got 52/60 which I think is Band 6/5! I want to get an A overall this year, so what kind of grade do you think I'll need to get in the exam?

Also is there anyone studying The Kite Runner/The Rime of The Ancient Mariner and the Browning poems? I need A LOT of help with them texts.
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Arissa
Hi guys, I need some help figuring out what mark I need to get in the exam to get an A!
So overall in both my coursework pieces combined I got 52/60 which I think is Band 6/5! I want to get an A overall this year, so what kind of grade do you think I'll need to get in the exam?

Also is there anyone studying The Kite Runner/The Rime of The Ancient Mariner and the Browning poems? I need A LOT of help with them texts.
:smile:

You will need a High B or above for an A overall.
Reply 2
I'm doing TROTAM, helppppppp!!!!!!
Reply 3
Hi, I'm doing the exam too.. What texts are you doing??:smile: Nervous?
Reply 4
im doing the exam as well and i have no idea how to revise :s im doing tennyson, rime of the ancient mariner, great gatsby and birdsong, does anyone have any like model answers for these??
Reply 5
What text do you wanna do for section A?
Reply 6
probably rime of the ancient mariner, what about you?
Reply 7
Keats!
Does anyone have any notes for the great gatsby, rime of the ancient mariner or the god of small things? Would be much appreciated xx
Reply 8
Original post by Llewellyn
You will need a High B or above for an A overall.

Okay thank you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jord1995
Hi, I'm doing the exam too.. What texts are you doing??:smile: Nervous?

I'm doing The rime of the ancient.... Gatsby, The kite runner and the Browning poems
Reply 10
Original post by molly667
Keats!
Does anyone have any notes for the great gatsby, rime of the ancient mariner or the god of small things? Would be much appreciated xx

What kind of notes?
Reply 11
Hey, im doing the exam too yay -_- im doing the great gatsby, enduring love, Keats and Tennyson.

If anyone needs some notes on these texts ive got some i can share btw :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Any chances I could have some help with Keats? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by souyasmin
Any chances I could have some help with Keats? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i can help, what poems are you doing and which ones do you need help on?
Reply 14
Thank you!
Lamia, La belle dame sans Merci and The Eve of St Agnes.
Lamia is probably the worst, can not seem to understand it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Zarah01
Hey, im doing the exam too yay -_- im doing the great gatsby, enduring love, Keats and Tennyson.

If anyone needs some notes on these texts ive got some i can share btw :smile:

would you mind helping me with some gatsby or tennyson notes please :smile: and i can share mine x
Reply 16
Since you need to address Form, structure and narrative voice, i plan on doing 1 paragraph on each.
For La Belle:
Form: Literary Ballad, regular quatrains with an abcb rhyme scheme
Structure: cylical narrative structure, reptition
Narrative Voice: Language analysis, so use of dialogue, characterisation, imagery, binary opposition etc.
Also refer to setting in one of your paragraphs.
did you want me to do the layout or actual points?
Reply 17
Original post by charrey
would you mind helping me with some gatsby or tennyson notes please :smile: and i can share mine x

Yeaah sure, is there anything in particular you want?
Reply 18
Original post by charrey

btw are you doing gatsby section A?
Original post by Zarah01
btw are you doing gatsby section A?

I'm doing Gatsby section A.

Any help? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending