The Student Room Group

Help!I had panic attacks in my exam today!:(

Okay so I just had a panic exam in my Biology paper today which led me to leave the exam hall and not finish my paper.So It all began when my teacher said I was put it for higher for unit 2 & 3 exam but it turns out I was put in for foundation instead!And on my timetable it did say foundation but in January it said foundation aswell and I was doing higher.I got 27/50 on my Isa and a C on my last exam cause I only revised a few days before so i wasnt prepared.But this time I was and I was confident in getting hopefully an A but then I got handed the foundation paper and I just stated freaking out!They said that I still need to do the foundation but I learnt higher!I spent all night revising!And that really annoyed me!-.- I got a C in January & suddenly I got panic attacks and I was told I should leave because I felt dizzy and everyone was staring.Will I be able to retake this?And if i can,when?Could I do higher this time?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Natalia_14
Okay so I just had a panic exam in my Biology paper today which led me to leave the exam hall and not finish my paper.So It all began when my teacher said I was put it for higher for unit 2 & 3 exam but it turns out I was put in for foundation instead!And on my timetable it did say foundation but in January it said foundation aswell and I was doing higher.I got 27/50 on my Isa and a C on my last exam cause I only revised a few days before so i wasnt prepared.But this time I was and I was confident in getting hopefully an A but then I got handed the foundation paper and I just stated freaking out!They said that I still need to do the foundation but I learnt higher!I spent all night revising!And that really annoyed me!-.- I got a C in January & suddenly I got panic attacks and I was told I should leave because I felt dizzy and everyone was staring.Will I be able to retake this?And if i can,when?Could I do higher this time?

I'm sorry that happened to you. The best thing to do would be to ask your teacher what will be happening, your teacher should know. And if not them, an exams officer may know.
Reply 2
Original post by Natalia_14

I suggest you talk to the exams officer to check exactly what exams you are in for so this doesn't happen in future.

The only way you could re-sit this unit is if you re-sit the whole GCSE next summer.

Quick Reply

Latest