The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Flats in Leeds and advice

Hi! I'm Elena, an Italian girl of 27. I'm coming to Leeds from September to attend Leeds city college, so I will not be a student of the uni of Leeds or Leeds met, and now I'm a bit desperate about finding an accomodation. At the moment I'm still in Italy, but if necessary I can come to Leeds in order to have a view at some flats, rooms.
Anyway, as I've said, I'm looking for a room: I would prefer to live on my own in a one room flat and in fact I was looking at Samara agencie which offer some of these flats, but I've only seen them on thei website so I don't know if they really look like the photos and also I don't know this agencie; even if I would prefer to live alone, I'm open also to share a flat with another person or other 2! The only thing is that I don't want to pay more than £80 per week and it would be better for me to live with other postgraduates or mature students or professional, and possibly not too far from Universities area, city centre.
Do you have any advice regarding how to move, what to do, better agencies, unipol...??
I really hope someone could answer and help me!!
bye
Elena
Reply 1
I haven't heard positive things about Samara. I'd make sure the agency you go for is unipol approved. Best people to use first are them as you aren't from around here. I've visited their flats. They make them look way better than they do in reality. Look first.

North Leeds can be quite expensive for 1 bedroom flats compared to south Leeds which isn't very studenty, but I assume you want to be close to uni and somewhere like Burley, Woodhouse, Hyde Park or Headingley. Sharing might be cheaper.

My advice is don't rush. There's loads of housing. Landlords will try to rush you by saying 'it'll go in a few days', but ignore them.

Posted from TSR Mobiler
(edited 10 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Ok! Thanks for your advice!! So, do you think the best idea now is to contact Unipol and eventually coming to leeds for a few days in order to have a look at something that they can offer me? Does Unipol would help me to choose as well between a one bed flat or maybe a flat of more rooms? (I don't know them so I don't know if I have to contact them having already in mind a flat or if they can help me in everything...).
Elena
Reply 3
Unipol might be able to help you better than I can. It's best you go to them

http://www.unipol.org.uk/leeds/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree. It's best to go with Unipol as there is also a student to student notice board! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 5
Just don't go and live somewhere like Harehills, Chapeltown or Little London. These are all a bit rough and intimidating, but also you won't enjoy your student experience as much as you'll feel far out from all the fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eirini_infotech
I agree. It's best to go with Unipol as there is also a student to student notice board! :smile: Good luck!

The noticeboard is great! I posted an ad saying I was looking for accomodation 2 days ago; think I've had about 8 offers. Here's the link.
http://www.leedsstudentprs.org/noticeboard/default.asp

Quick Reply

Latest