The Student Room Group

Post secondary info.

Hi, i have passed all GCSE's in year 10 for C's and B's but in year 11 i got u's and g's in my science as i didnt really care about science and i still don't. I'm really interrested in economics and business so to help me in finding an adequate place to acquite knowledge in those fields i really pushed myslef and scored 100 percent in both math higher and psychology. My question is; do the unrelevant subjects matter in trying to secure a place in a collage/6form where they focus upon economics and business and if yes to what extent? I mean could they look at those u's and say we have a dumb individual here, he is not worth it??
Original post by Ljanicki
Hi, i have passed all GCSE's in year 10 for C's and B's but in year 11 i got u's and g's in my science as i didnt really care about science and i still don't. I'm really interrested in economics and business so to help me in finding an adequate place to acquite knowledge in those fields i really pushed myslef and scored 100 percent in both math higher and psychology. My question is; do the unrelevant subjects matter in trying to secure a place in a collage/6form where they focus upon economics and business and if yes to what extent? I mean could they look at those u's and say we have a dumb individual here, he is not worth it??

Most sixth forms and Colleges will take you as long as you have 5 A*-C grades and anymore will be a bonus.
There are some competitive places that require a specific number of passes and ask for specific grades and some use a point system, but I assume if you were looking at any of these places you'd know about these requirements already.

So, no, you shouldn't have a problem as long as you still have 5 A*-C.
Reply 2
hi brother thank you for interrest. what do you think about studying at home/through internet webistes and such?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending