The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for a contextual offer?

So I’m applying for courses that range AAB to A*AA, but I’m not sure if a contextual offer might be an option for me. I’ve tried looking at all the websites but it’s confusing. I was eligible for free school meals in secondary school but never actually received them, UCAS website says that means I can tick the box but I don’t know if each uni would take it differently. Also, if I was eligible, would that guarantee a reduced offer?
Original post by AnnaSR
So I’m applying for courses that range AAB to A*AA, but I’m not sure if a contextual offer might be an option for me. I’ve tried looking at all the websites but it’s confusing. I was eligible for free school meals in secondary school but never actually received them, UCAS website says that means I can tick the box but I don’t know if each uni would take it differently. Also, if I was eligible, would that guarantee a reduced offer?

Not guarantee, depends on the university
For example, Nottingham Trent University considers your personal circumstances
Reply 2
Original post by AnnaSR

Every Uni does 'contextual offers' differently and uses different criteria.

Just email each Uni and ask for some guidance if the website info is not very clear.
Its not worth 'guessing' this as it may mean you waste a UCAS choice on a course that you dont have the right grades for.
Original post by AnnaSR

Contextual conditions vary between universities. Some require 1 condition and some 2. The most common conditions are having been in care, living in a post code area with low progression to university or in a low performing school. Most dont accept free school meals as a contextual condition. Each university usually shows the conditions it accepts and can be seen by googling the university with the words contextual conditions.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=c3f9b702c89fabf6JmltdHM9MTY5MjkyMTYwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTIxOQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=bristol+university+conextual+admissions&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYnJpc3RvbC5hYy51ay9zdHVkeS91bmRlcmdyYWR1YXRlL2VudHJ5LXJlcXVpcmVtZW50cy1xdWFsaWZpY2F0aW9ucy9jb250ZXh0dWFsLW9mZmVycy8&ntb=1

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=0435f54c88ed5f89JmltdHM9MTY5MjkyMTYwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTIzNw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=leeds+university+conextual+admissions&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGVlZHMuYWMudWsvdW5kZXJncmFkdWF0ZS1hcHBseWluZy9kb2MvY29udGV4dHVhbC1hZG1pc3Npb25z&ntb=1
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending