The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

retrac
Hey, me get sick of this forum? never! Well, dunno if i told u b4, but i am male, so hence wearing trousers!!! As for the meal, im gonna wear whatever - nuthin fancy or anything like that, cos its just a normal meal apparently, not a formal! Im coming up all the way from south london - nice 5-6hr drive (well, my dad is anyway! - saves me the £90 train fare!!!), so should b nice and tired by the time i get there! What time is every1 else gettin to their college then?

Yeah, u did tell me u were male, thats y i was saying! I still havent found any girls so i'm no further forward! Hehe! So u wearing something for the meal then going back and getting changed ready 2 go out? I'm only coming from Newcastle so only a nice 13mins train journey! Lol! I think my train gets ther at about 5pm and then have 2 make my way to the college. U? Is your Dad staying the nite aswell then? Awww, poor him!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Can anyone tell me what's happening at collingwood? i've been informed of nothing by them.
iiikewldude
Can anyone tell me what's happening at collingwood? i've been informed of nothing by them.

When I went we watched DVDs in the bar, then there was music and karaoke followed by clubbing at the SU.
Reply 23
Sarahgrasso
Yeah, u did tell me u were male, thats y i was saying! I still havent found any girls so i'm no further forward! Hehe! So u wearing something for the meal then going back and getting changed ready 2 go out? I'm only coming from Newcastle so only a nice 13mins train journey! Lol! I think my train gets ther at about 5pm and then have 2 make my way to the college. U? Is your Dad staying the nite aswell then? Awww, poor him!

hey, im female and definately wearing black trousers and a nice top, its gonna be so cold that i will freeze in a skirt!!! hope u see u tomoro!
hornblower
When I went we watched DVDs in the bar, then there was music and karaoke followed by clubbing at the SU.

So were the girls dressy or not then?? Were they wearing trousers or skirts? If ur a lad u must have noticed that! Hehe, just kidding!
Ooh, just noticed ur reply there! Sorry! Thanks 4 letting me know what ur wearing! That helped alot! I'm going to wear the same! Hehe! U wearing that for the meal and everything? Yeah, i mite c ya ther! Which college are u in? xx
Sarahgrasso
So were the girls dressy or not then?? Were they wearing trousers or skirts? If ur a lad u must have noticed that! Hehe, just kidding!

No, the girls weren't dressy and most of them were wearing skirts. And of course I'm a lad!
Sarahgrasso

why dont u just bring both, it won't take up that much room.

I'm taking a blue shirt and tie with me so if it's really formal (don't think it will be) i can put on my tie and if we're going out somewhere after the meal i can just wear the shirt.
Reply 28
yes but not stayin over as i liv in newcastle. There's a buch of RE lectures in durham 2morro and i'm goin 2 the open day on tue
Ankur Gupta
Van Mildert
Natural Sciences
Reply 29
well, its 7:15am, and im gonna b leaving soon! nice 6hrs till i get there! oh well! See some of ya there then!
Reply 30
I'm setting off in about an hour, how exciting!
My bags are packed and everything - I'm ready a bit early!
Reply 31
I'm just coming from Newcastle so it's only a 15-minutre train journey. I have no idea what to expect tonight. Should be a laugh, though.

Tom
Collingwood
Law
Tell me about how the open days went when you've caught your breaths yeh? Me really looking forward.
Ok..well, im going to Durham tomorrow. As in TUESDAY :biggrin: Gosh...this could get confusing. :wink: Anybody else going on Tuesday? Hope you monday-ers are enjoying it!

Hatfield
Law
Unconditional
Reply 34
Heya, I'm just wondering, how many of you are planning on going to the SU 'thing'... and if you are, does that mean you're quite local, afterall you can't stay in college on the night after the open day..
Reply 35
Hey, I just got back from Durham. The Open Day itself was alright - the people are friendly and there's a really nice atmosphere to the whole city. The community spirit permeates everything that goes on there.
Collingwood College is great, despite the longest walk up the hill.

The night out was so much fun - I've never been to an Open Day quite like the one at Durham. We got to see what actually goes on at the Uni, rather than just sitting listening to some Admissions guy. The nightlife really isn't so bad - I had a really good time (By the way, if you're going to the SU, go early - it gets extremely full).

Durham is the best, without a doubt. I hope to see you all in October (especially all my fellow 'Wooders).
Reply 36
Thom18
Hey, I just got back from Durham. The Open Day itself was alright - the people are friendly and there's a really nice atmosphere to the whole city. The community spirit permeates everything that goes on there.

The night out was so much fun - I've never been to an Open Day quite like the one at Durham. We got to see what actually goes on at the Uni, rather than just sitting listening to some Admissions guy. The nightlife really isn't so bad - I had a really good time (By the way, if you're going to the SU, go early - it gets extremely full).

Durham is the best, without a doubt. I hope to see you all in October (especially all my fellow 'Wooders).

Sounds cool
Thom18

Yes, The Wood is quality.
Thom18

Hiya, i've was at the open day last nite 2! I didnt really enjoy it too much to be honest tho! Not 2 put any1 off! Ther was alot of waiting around and every1 i seemed 2 talk 2 were really strange! Apart from a couple of ppl! I think i mite hav just been unlucky and so far i think its still going to be my first choice but can anyone else who went give me abit more confidence about it, try to persuade me that it is where i should go! Especially those who are hoping to go 2 Colingwood! I am really scared i may feel isolated, homesick and end up not knowing anyone! I am not usually a shy person at home but last nite i found i was quite shy! I'm having such a dilemna! I dont kno if 2 go 2 Durham or to go to my local uni and stay at home! I want to get the full student experience tho and i dont think that staying at home would give me that! HELP!! xxx
Thom18
I'm just coming from Newcastle so it's only a 15-minutre train journey. I have no idea what to expect tonight. Should be a laugh, though.

Tom
Collingwood
Law

Hiya, I'm from Newcastle aswel and i've got a place in Collingwood 2! Did u enjoy last nite? I didnt meet any fellow Geordies! x

Latest