The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham ‘accidentally’ rejecting me - will i lose my place?

I received a contextual offer for law at Durham for AAB (I didn’t need a specific grade for a specific subject), I achieved A*AB but when I went on UCAS I had been ‘unsuccessful’ in my Durham offer, I phoned up the clearing line and was told that this was an ‘error’ and a mistake because they were super busy and that a senior staff member would get in contact, 7 hours later they phoned but I missed it by 4 minutes and phoned clearing again and I was told I would get a call, I asked if I would still have my place and she said she doesn’t know.
Is there the possibility I would have lost my place (or be deferred to 2024 entry)? I’m just worried because I don’t want to have lost my place even though I got the results I needed.
Original post by ienjoytoffifee57
I received a contextual offer for law at Durham for AAB (I didn’t need a specific grade for a specific subject), I achieved A*AB but when I went on UCAS I had been ‘unsuccessful’ in my Durham offer, I phoned up the clearing line and was told that this was an ‘error’ and a mistake because they were super busy and that a senior staff member would get in contact, 7 hours later they phoned but I missed it by 4 minutes and phoned clearing again and I was told I would get a call, I asked if I would still have my place and she said she doesn’t know.
Is there the possibility I would have lost my place (or be deferred to 2024 entry)? I’m just worried because I don’t want to have lost my place even though I got the results I needed.

You shouldn't have lost your place, however sometimes you need to be pushy with Durham to insist it is reinstated for this year as opposed to deferred. Get back on the phone tomorrow and ask to be transferred to the member of senior staff directly rather than waiting on a callback.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Lemur14
You shouldn't have lost your place, however sometimes you need to be pushy with Durham to insist it is reinstated for this year as opposed to deferred. Get back on the phone tomorrow and ask to be transferred to the member of senior staff directly rather than waiting on a callback.

Thank you

Hi, just wanted to check if this has now been resolved for you? If not, please do get in touch via our hotline on 0800 987 4120 so that we can get it resolved asap.
Original post by Durham University
Hi, just wanted to check if this has now been resolved for you? If not, please do get in touch via our hotline on 0800 987 4120 so that we can get it resolved asap.

Hello, I believe this has been resolved, I got an email to say that they will try and reinstate my place for 2023 entry and to keep checking UCAS for an update. Thank you
Hello, I believe this has been resolved, I got an email to say that they will try and reinstate my place for 2023 entry and to keep checking UCAS for an update. Thank you

Fantastic - we look forward to welcoming you to Durham! Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest