The Student Room Group

How much harder is A2 than AS?

Had my last AS exam last week, and will be starting A2 on Tuesday. I thought my AS exams went pretty well and didn't think they were that hard. But I was wondering just how much harder A2 courses are. I'm doing chemistry, maths and computing if it depends on the subject. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by andyt8765
Had my last AS exam last week, and will be starting A2 on Tuesday. I thought my AS exams went pretty well and didn't think they were that hard. But I was wondering just how much harder A2 courses are. I'm doing chemistry, maths and computing if it depends on the subject. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually didn't find them harder, just a higher workload. For Chemistry you'll learn new concepts and it's also has some recurring aspects from AS such as equilibria, kinetics and organic chem.
Original post by SaFa1237
I actually didn't find them harder, just a higher workload. For Chemistry you'll learn new concepts and it's also has some recurring aspects from AS such as equilibria, kinetics and organic chem.

Alright, that sounds good. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are comparing AS with A2 then comparatively A2 is MUCH MUCH tougher than AS. But if you look at A2 alone then it's hard but not extremely hard, if you start preparation early and do sufficient past papers(6 years atleast). If u do last 6 years past papers (all variants) then an A* is almost confirm , provided that you did the past papers with utmost concentration and understanding. Gudluk...

Quick Reply

Latest