The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
The website for the Byre Theatre (in St Andrews) says that Dundee is 13 miles away. Not sure about that, but considering it's taken from a place IN StA, I'd assume it's fairly accurate.

It is possible to live in Dundee and study in StA - I know a girl who was doing that this year...must have been a pain for her, though, since her (and my) classes started at 9am :motz:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
15 minute bus journey.
Reply 3
13 miles? Well in my country people use kilometers so it's more clear for me in kilometers:biggrin: 1 mile is about 2 kilometers, suppose. If the classes start at 9 am. she has to get up at about 7 am. to arrive at time, am I right?
Is it really only 15 minutes ride?
Reply 4
Hey Dalimyr saw you are in The Sims 2 society! I'm fan of this game, it's just great!
Unfortunately I can't install it on my computer: not enough space on my disc (it's full of some stupid things) & weak graphic card. But trying to be up-to-date with the game (thanks to my friend who has a good computer for it). :smile:
Reply 5
Sharon_
13 miles? Well in my country people use kilometers so it's more clear for me in kilometers:biggrin: 1 mile is about 2 kilometers, suppose. If the classes start at 9 am. she has to get up at about 7 am. to arrive at time, am I right?
Is it really only 15 minutes ride?
1 mile = 1.6km, so 13 miles = 20.8km
A 15-minute bus ride sounds about right for a 13 mile trip.

Sharon_
Hey Dalimyr saw you are in The Sims 2 society! I'm fan of this game, it's just great!
Yup :smile: I set up my other computer the other day specifically so I could play the game again :biggrin:
Reply 6
1 mile = 1.6km, so 13 miles = 20.8km
A 15-minute bus ride sounds about right for a 13 mile trip.

well that should be quite alright then, I go to school about 30km from home and I start at 8.30. In my case it's quite terrible though cause all of my friends live in the town I study and my last train home leaves at 7 pm. I can never stay late :mad: . But then I live out in no-mans-land :biggrin:. My bus ride takes about 40 minutes to 2 h. It depends on which road it takes, hence 15 min sounds a bit short. But then perhaps you have magic busses like in Harry Potter...:biggrin:
Reply 7
I thought the bus ride took more like 20 mins but I guess it depends on traffic and stops. I don't feel the need to go to Dundee v. often though. Usually go shopping there about once a semester and have only ever been clubbing there once and that was for the new hall x-mas party (though I'm a John Burnet girl). Also, the bus is a bit expensive considering the distance since it includes the bridge toll. Think I paid £4.10 for a return though that was when I forgot to get a student ticket.
Reply 8
No magic buses? I'm disappointed. :frown:

:biggrin:
Reply 9
There is one magic bus, but it's invisible most of the time so everyone keeps missing it :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending