The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

New To Bournemouth - Music Tech

Hey guys and girls,

I am currently studying Music Technology and am hopefully going to Bournemouth University, I have been down and seen the town and campus and I am happy with the general vibe of the town, but I am going to be coming down on my own and don't know anyone so was hoping to make a few connections before hand :smile:

I am also interested in possibly performing out and around the town either for people or as part of my own night, eventually, so just looking for information and stuff!

Please feel free to contact me on here

Thanks and see you all soon!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi Buddy,

I'm hoping to start the Mental Health Nursing course in February (waiting on clearing interview descision).

Let me if you need a drummer/singer I've been gigging around oxford/swindon for years now playing stuff from math rock to hip-hop, would love to meet some talented musicians and get something going if and when i get there.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Hi bud,

I also studied music tech at college level and will be studying it at degree at BU. I run a string of nights in my home town, these are bass music nights though so more DJ and MC based. Are you a DJ/producer or classically trained musician?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey man, I am DJ and bass music producer so that's pretty much the exact thing I'm looking for. I haven't put on an event before but have been involved in a couple so having someone with experience would be awesome. Are you joining the uni in September and what sort of music are you into? I take it you also DJ/Produce, maybe we could arrange something and have a meet up/drink when we get to uni?
Reply 4
Yeah i'm starting this September. I listen to a lot of different stuff, but mainly house music tbh! I've always loved it, started off mixing 90's house, chemical brothers, faithless, fatboyslim etc! Now i mainly mix house/deepy and funky bass etc! yourself?
I produce a little bit, nothing amazing haha! Yeah that would be cool. What are you studying?
Reply 5
Yeah that's awesome I do live a good bit of deep house. I mainly mix drum and bass but mainly tetchy deep stuff like spectrasoul, Rockwell, dub phizix etc. and I produce a lot of stuff, again mainly drum and bass, but also had a go at house and doing some experimental bass stuff too. I'm studying music technology and production, what about yourself?
Reply 6
Oh nice man! Love a good bit of Rockwell, seen him a couple times, absolutely fantastic. Have you got soundcloud? I'm doing the same course dude! I'll pm you my name, add me on facebook.
Hey man,

I'm a rapper/songwriter/producer, although I've only been producing for a short while and my beats are more old school and simple hip hop, and some orchestral ones, been rapping/songwriing for longer though. I'm looking forward to getting involved in the music community as well, so maybe the three of us could meet at the start of term or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
yeah man sound good. We will have to link up and sort something out! Get a little crew together and smash Bournemouth :smile: what course you doing?
Reply 9
for sure bro! Hit us up with your name through private message and we'll add you on facebook, go for a beer or whatnot!
Sounds good! I'll pm both of you and we can definitely sort something out over fb. I'm studying sociology and anthropology :smile:
Reply 11
Hoojamaflippan,

Hey man it would be cool to get a crew together so pm me your name on Facebook or a link to your profile and I will add you up, then we can sort something out :smile:

Good luck for clearing as well dude, all the best
Reply 12
will be starting music and sound production in September. Been producing for nearly 3 years, UK Hardcore mostly although i do wanna branch out into house/dubstep.

not on Facebook atm, but hears my soundcloud with some of my work.

http://soundcloud.com/garvey7
Reply 13
Have you guys already been on this course a few months now or is this for this Sept coming? If you're already on it - how good is it? Looking at firming for this Sept!
Reply 14
Yeah we started September just gone. Yeah I really like it here its good. Good night life, cool people, come down to one of the open days and have a look round. What course are you thinking of doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending