The Student Room Group

College bus pass - Will I be able to use it around summer holidays?

Apparently some can. I live in the South-East. If anybody could help me out, it'd be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by LaBrigade
Apparently some can. I live in the South-East. If anybody could help me out, it'd be much appreciated!

It should say on the back of the bus pas the term dates you can use it in. If you're not sure I wouldn't risk it as bus drivers are allowed to take it of you if you misuse it.
Reply 2
I'm not too sure which type of pass you have.

At our college we were encouraged to use the 16-18 cards which entitle you to purchase child rate bus passes. However, my 16-18 card had a clear expiry date and the back of the card stated it was invalid during term time and weekends. I, admittedly, have used it outside of the stated hours and during weekends once or twice and it seemed to be alright but I know those who have been caught when inspectors have got on the bus which resulted in the whole pass and card being confiscated. If you're using this card, it isn't worth the risk.

If you have an actual student bus pass then I'm unsure how it would work.
Reply 3
It only says "Not for weekend use" on the front ...am I supposed to acknowledge summer holidays as a weekend then I guess?

Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest