The Student Room Group

George Zimmerman staged car crash

Even before George Zimmerman's acquittal, the policeman Patrick Rehder's been posting pro-Zimmerman comments on Twitter and Facebook (now deleted), and the first officer to arrive in this car crash accident is guess what? Patrick Rehder! Apparently he tipped off George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman didn't just happen to be in the right place at the right time. He was tipped off and deliberately went to the accident scene and Patrick Rehder made sure he got the chance to play hero instead of calling other police officers to arrive to the scene first.

The mother who was in the car crash is also rumoured to be related to Patrick Rehder. .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Conspiracy theory alert!
Do you have anything to back this up, or is this just wild speculation because seeing Zimmerman's life in ruins isn't enough?
Reply 3
I don't really think people's opinions changed after that. Regardless of the fact whether he should have been found guilty (and the majority of people in America think he should), what he has done in the past can't be reversed by saving a family in a car crash.

So I personally think it would be too much of a fuss for a very weak result.
Reply 4
This guys life lol
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by Seb.
I don't really think people's opinions changed after that. Regardless of the fact whether he should have been found guilty (and the majority of people in America think he should), what he has done in the past can't be reversed by saving a family in a car crash.

That's a lie. The majority of Americans don't believe that you should be convicted for defending yourself from a life-threatening attack.

A lot of people just seem to hate him no matter what. If he walked by and did nothing you would say he should have done something, but as he did do something you accuse him of trying to exploit his actions to get sympathy. Clearly some people just won't be happy no matter what.
Original post by Bart1331
That's a lie. The majority of Americans don't believe that you should be convicted for defending yourself from a life-threatening attack.

A lot of people just seem to hate him no matter what. If he walked by and did nothing you would say he should have done something, but as he did do something you accuse him of trying to exploit his actions to get sympathy. Clearly some people just won't be happy no matter what.

What do the majority of Americans think about following instructions from the police?
Reply 8
Original post by InnerTemple
What do the majority of Americans think about following instructions from the police?

It wasn't an instruction, it was really just advice. Zimmerman wasn't under the command of the dispatch guy, so he was not obliged to carry out any orders. It really was more of a "i personally think you should stay put". Maybe Zimmerman felt the dispatch guys advice wasn't the best course of action.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Seb.

The majority of the 300 million plus people in the US think that? I think it's very split.
Reply 10
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Do you have anything to back this up, or is this just wild speculation because seeing Zimmerman's life in ruins isn't enough?

He murdered someone. Don't really feel that much sympathy for him. He only got off because Americans have ****ty laws. Does not change what he did.
Reply 11
Original post by Bart1331

First part is wrong second part is right.

They do believe in self defense. But they don't believe Zimmerman was really under attack.
Reply 12
Original post by thunder_chunky
The majority of the 300 million plus people in the US think that? I think it's very split.

Even if it's 50:50, it's still more than 150 million people...
Original post by danny111
He murdered someone. Don't really feel that much sympathy for him. He only got off because Americans have ****ty laws. Does not change what he did.

Even if this happened in a place without such laws, it would still be manslaughter. Hell, he might have even been found not guilty in england too, assuming he had a right to carry the gun, and the use of it was thought to be reasonable force. Although I am no expert on law:

"A man about to be attacked does not have to wait for his assailant to strike the first blow or fire the first shot; circumstances may justify a pre-emptive strike."

Seeing how at the time of the shooting, Martin was on top of Zimmerman attacking him, he is already under attack. If the defense could convince the jury that, at the time, Zimmerman felt he had no other option to save his life then that would be grounds for acquittal.

There is also no evidence at all that Zimmerman intended to kill Martin.
It seems that the world was only going to accept one verdict regardless of the fact they weren't in the courtroom. A tweet I saw sums it up perfectly

"If you trusted the justice system to find a man guilty, you must trust it when it finds a man not guilty, or it's just partiality you seek"

But in response to this I'd agree it's a coincidence but that's all. Some people seem so adamant to believe everything is a conspiracy that anything that they can make out as a conspiracy they will. Unsurprisingly just like every conspiracy theory I've heard this one has absolutely nothing to back it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Even if this happened in a place without such laws, it would still be manslaughter. Hell, he might have even been found not guilty in england too, assuming he had a right to carry the gun, and the use of it was thought to be reasonable force. Although I am no expert on law:

"A man about to be attacked does not have to wait for his assailant to strike the first blow or fire the first shot; circumstances may justify a pre-emptive strike."

Seeing how at the time of the shooting, Martin was on top of Zimmerman attacking him, he is already under attack. If the defense could convince the jury that, at the time, Zimmerman felt he had no other option to save his life then that would be grounds for acquittal.

There is also no evidence at all that Zimmerman intended to kill Martin.

If someone pointed a gun at me I would either jump to hide or jump at him try to stop him using it, if the former is not possible. Funny how people interpret it that Zimmerman was the one defending himself and not the other way round. Remember the other guy had no gun, Zimmerman did. If you believe Zimmerman was defending himself, you might as well believe Martin was.
If someone pointed a gun at me I would either jump to hide or jump at him try to stop him using it, if the former is not possible. Funny how people interpret it that Zimmerman was the one defending himself and not the other way round. Remember the other guy had no gun, Zimmerman did. If you believe Zimmerman was defending himself, you might as well believe Martin was.

I'd imagine most people wouldn't try and attack someone with a gun, unless you've been trained it would be very stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by HarryJames
I'd imagine most people wouldn't try and attack someone with a gun, unless you've been trained it would be very stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. So he must have been under attack already to attack the guy with the gun.

Funny how people interpret it that Zimmerman was the one defending himself and not the other way round. Remember the other guy had no gun, Zimmerman did. If you believe Zimmerman was defending himself, you might as well believe Martin was.

Martin was on top of Zimmerman attacking him, at the time of the shooting. At this time, Zimmerman was the one defending himself, anything beyond that, such as who started the initial confrontation, is pure speculation.

In other words, we can speculate as much as we want about whether Martin defended himself against Zimmerman in the first place, but there is no evidence to show this.
Reply 19

So if armed police demand you put your hands up, you're going to try running away from them or rushing at them?

People need to stop treating this as though it was a random person pointing a gun at another random person. Zimmerman was a watch officer and was investigating what he thought was suspicious activity. You can't just issue a broad statement that pointing a gun at someone is automatically an attack, because it isn't. As I have just shown, sometimes it is justified to point a gun at someone and you aren't classed as an attacker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending