The Student Room Group

Medical Schools

Hey, I am an international student who is applying to direct entry medicine and I got 2820 and Band 1 on my UCAT but i'm trying to figure out which places are the most likely to get me a placement. My choices right now are Newcastle, Sheffield, St. Andrews, Nottingham and St. George's, which 4 should I choose for the best chance at an interview and an acceptance?
Original post by eashiny
Hey, I am an international student who is applying to direct entry medicine and I got 2820 and Band 1 on my UCAT but i'm trying to figure out which places are the most likely to get me a placement. My choices right now are Newcastle, Sheffield, St. Andrews, Nottingham and St. George's, which 4 should I choose for the best chance at an interview and an acceptance?

St George's and Newcastle would be a safe choice but not Nottingham and St. Andrews. This is the case for receiving an interview offer at least. Keep in mind the published cutoffs (usually on med sites) are for home-students and that for us international students the difference could be up to 50 points (UCAT). The question on which school is most likely to accept you would depend on your interview performance.
Original post by eashiny

Hey,
Sheffield's UCAT cut offs for the last few years are available on their website under https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/smph/undergraduate/medicine-admissions#C "what happens to your application? - Stage 2a" this should help inform how safe Sheffield is as an option for you.
Good luck with everything! and if you have any questions about Sheffield please feel free to ask!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Original post by eashiny

Newcastle wouldn’t be safe as their cutoff was band on 2820 however that doesn’t mean you can’t apply. Sheffield I believe the cutoff was 2850

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending