The Student Room Group

Please can you help me with one quick question!

Poll

Which of the following academic institutions do you prefer?

Hi, I'm writing a piece of journalisim for my English Language A Level coursework on the differences and similarities of the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge, and as part of this I am conducting a poll question to gain opinions on these universities, and will use this data as a part of the piece. The question I am posing for the poll is: Which of the following academic institutions do you prefer?, with the three response options being: 1. 'The University of Cambridge', 2. 'The University of Oxford' and 3. 'Don't Know'. I would be really grateful if members of The Student Room could help me out by voting for one of these three options, as Im trying to obtain 100 responses in total. So I can know who has voted (as I would only like one vote per person) I have maded the choices made on the poll public. Thank you for any responses, they will ally help me no end!! Happy voting!
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I have 20 votes so far... Please keep voting!!
Reply 3
I'm not biased in any way.... :biggrin:
I'm not sure the statistics you gain here will be of much use to you in gauging actual opinion of these two universities. Given that this is in the Oxbridge forum, the vast majority of the votes are going to come from TSR members who are affiliated with Oxford or Cambridge in some way. The data about which academic institution students prefer will just reflect which of the two any given student is affiliated with. In other words, it will probably simply show how many of a sample of 100 TSR members go/will go/have gone to Oxford as opposed to Cambridge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ho Chi Minh
I'm not sure the statistics you gain here will be of much use to you in gauging actual opinion of these two universities. Given that this is in the Oxbridge forum, the vast majority of the votes are going to come from TSR members who are affiliated with Oxford or Cambridge in some way. The data about which academic institution students prefer will just reflect which of the two any given student is affiliated with. In other words, it will probably simply show how many of a sample of 100 TSR members go/will go/have gone to Oxford as opposed to Cambridge.

inittt
Reply 6
I don't know I like both for different reasons. I used to live in cambridge and I'm thinking I'm going to apply to oxford. Cambridge was ace esp over freshers week as it coincided with my B-Day. I'll never forget punting on the cam drinking champagne and eating strawberries whilst listening to an old jazz gramophone record and almost falling in trying to punt lol. Happy days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending