The Student Room Group

Could I even get a conditional with these results?

Hey guys, the entry requirements are AABBC or ABBBB or ABBBCC for Computer Science. I managed to get ABC (A in computing if I appeal, B in Modern Studies and C in English) in my highers this year (5th year) and they allow us to get the requirements over two years. Just from an educated guess, do you guys reckon I'd be able to get a conditional for the course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
YWhat university is that course you are discussing at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Strathclyde University or my alternative choice would be Stirling Uni!
Reply 3
Original post by Confused!
Strathclyde University or my alternative choice would be Stirling Uni!

With strathclyde I would say the chances of receiving a conditional are slim as they are the entry requirements for one sitting were not close to being obtained, so it would be very demanding if you were to receive a conditional if they didn't reject you so I probably wouldn't apply there but definitely apply to Stirling as they have lower entry standards, but make sure you are doing at least one higher in sixth year as you require at least 4 highers to be considered. And make sure your personal statement is top notch. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey thanks for replying again. I've phoned up Strathclyde University and they told me that they require these grades over a period of two sittings. That means that I could need an AB next year and actually meet the minimum requirements. I'm not too worried about getting into Stirling because I feel that if I don't mess up my sixth year, I shouldn't have too much of a problem getting in. However, Strathclyde is my first choice as it close to me and I won't have to wait in traffic when I start driving. Also, it has been shown that Strathclyde is a better university in computer science than Stirling which also pushes me over to feel all the more determined to get into Strathclyde. The only requirement I need is higher maths at a grade B and I'm sitting it in sixth year, I need to pass it to get into Strathclyde.
Reply 5
Original post by Confused!
Hey thanks for replying again. I've phoned up Strathclyde University and they told me that they require these grades over a period of two sittings. That means that I could need an AB next year and actually meet the minimum requirements. I'm not too worried about getting into Stirling because I feel that if I don't mess up my sixth year, I shouldn't have too much of a problem getting in. However, Strathclyde is my first choice as it close to me and I won't have to wait in traffic when I start driving. Also, it has been shown that Strathclyde is a better university in computer science than Stirling which also pushes me over to feel all the more determined to get into Strathclyde. The only requirement I need is higher maths at a grade B and I'm sitting it in sixth year, I need to pass it to get into Strathclyde.

Just work hard and you'll be just fine. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending