The Student Room Group

Bank details for salary to be paid?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this...and if this is a stupid question to ask but I really need help with this. So, when you are to provide bank details when you start a job, do people usually give the details for their current account, or their savings account? Does that even matter? :confused:
Reply 1
Give them the details of whichever account you use most. Usually it's your current account (the one you shop with, have direct debits etc).

Some banks don't allow wages to be deposited into a savings account.
Original post by Pink Boy
Give them the details of whichever account you use most. Usually it's your current account (the one you shop with, have direct debits etc).

Some banks don't allow wages to be deposited into a savings account.

Ok, thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by Starship Traveller
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this...and if this is a stupid question to ask but I really need help with this. So, when you are to provide bank details when you start a job, do people usually give the details for their current account, or their savings account? Does that even matter? :confused:

Some employers may specify that the account is a "current account". My friend joined the Armed forces and he wasn't allowed to have his pay directly sent to a savings account.

I use my current account and have a standing order set up with my bank to move X amount, the day after payday, into my savings account.

Edit:

You shouldn't have to give them more than your full name, bank address, account number and sort code :smile:
I have mine put into my savings account, in a vain attempt to stop me spending it all online, but most people use their current account
Original post by Contempt
Some employers may specify that the account is a "current account". My friend joined the Armed forces and he wasn't allowed to have his pay directly sent to a savings account.

I use my current account and have a standing order set up with my bank to move X amount, the day after payday, into my savings account.

Edit:

You shouldn't have to give them more than your full name, bank address, account number and sort code :smile:

What if the employer doesn't specify the type of account?

Ah, and thanks for the reminder! (There's nothing else that I could give them anyway xD)
Reply 6
Original post by Starship Traveller
What if the employer doesn't specify the type of account?

Ah, and thanks for the reminder! (There's nothing else that I could give them anyway xD)

Just use your current account :smile:

I just meant you shouldn't give them your card number, or your card security code.
(edited 10 years ago)
Why would you get your wages paid in to a savings account? Do you plan on living off fresh air and saving your salary up for a rainy day? :lolwut:
Original post by Contempt
Just use your current account :smile:

I just meant you should give them your card number, or your card security code.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by pmc:producer
Why would you get your wages paid in to a savings account? Do you plan on living off fresh air and saving your salary up for a rainy day? :lolwut:

To prevent myself using up all the wages I've just got I suppose :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending