The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by halidon
Feeling a little confused and would appreciate some advice...I got a B in English AS (predicted an A) because I got an A in the coursework and a D in the exam, is it worth getting the exam re-marked?

How far is the B into the boundary? Hopefully it isn't, but if the D is marked down, this could bring the B into a C.
Original post by MathsNerd1
I got A*AB3 but needed A*A*A2 for my firm so have only gotten into my insurance :redface:

Ohh right, well done nevertheless :biggrin:
Got my results and got into Birmingham :biggrin:D

Maths - A* 540 / 600
Biology - A* 568 / 600
Chemistry - A 518 / 600
AS Further Maths - A 253 / 300
AS Physics - A 272 / 300

So relieved, hope as many of you got what you wanted as possible :smile:
Reply 1403
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Well I'd normally say retake it to bump up your overall UMS (handy for next year) but it depends on whether you can deal with doing it next summer at the same time as A2's.

Why don't you get a photocopy of the script, and then use that to decide (via your teachers) whether it deserved a higher mark. If so, remark.

I'm not taking it to A2 so I don't know whether a retake would be worth the extra work but thanks, I'll talk to my teachers and see what they say.

Original post by Ripper-Roo
How far is the B into the boundary? Hopefully it isn't, but if the D is marked down, this could bring the B into a C.

Only 4 UMS marks above the B boundary
BBB at AS and DDE at A2. Didn't get into uni.
Unconditional offer for foundation year but I don't want it but don't want to risk rejecting it to go into clearing. Can I call anyways?
Looking at courses in clearing, but can't find any that will take my grades. Is it p

Oh well.

Congratulations to you lot :smile:
Just got back from getting my A Level results. Today is the best day ever.

Spoiler

Original post by RoseBrilliante
Ohh right, well done nevertheless :biggrin:

Thanks, I was hoping for much better really :redface:
Reply 1407
I got A*AB3 but needed A*A*A2 for my firm so have only gotten into my insurance :redface:

Was your firm Warwick? If so have you received a definite no from them?

I didn't meet the entry requirements for Warwick and they haven't decided whether they're going to offer me a place or not, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
A*AA for English Literature, Biology and Chemistry.

So pleased! This means I can go ahead and apply for medicine this year :biggrin:
Original post by PhysicsKid
Ahh. I'm only in Y10 and so only did C1 and C2- I don't find out until GCSE results next week but I think I got 99 and between 91 and 94 respectively. 83's not bad- it's an A! :smile: Can't you get an A* with an average of 90 across all three of your A2 or just in C3/C4? Reallyy not looking forward to next summer when due to Mr Gove I'll have M1 C3 C4 and M2 to do haha. Get your History re-marked. Are you Year 13?

Good luck!

Over C3/4... I'm year eleven :smile:
How did you do then? :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Lots of people feel a bit down about things like that; it's definitely not stupid! You worked hard, so I can understand how you feel a bit disappointed - you don't feel like your results reflect that! But I think your results are still fantastic, and hey. You're at uni! This time next year your A level grades won't matter any more. :smile:

Thanks xx
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

Now that's how its done! Congratulations man you really deserve it all! :biggrin:
Original post by Pink lipstick
BBB at AS and DDE at A2. Didn't get into uni.
Unconditional offer for foundation year but I don't want it but don't want to risk rejecting it to go into clearing. Can I call anyways?
Looking at courses in clearing, but can't find any that will take my grades. Is it p

Oh well.

Congratulations to you lot :smile:

Universities may not speak to you if you don't have a clearing number I'm afraid. You can try though, but it may be pointless.

Why don't you take up the offer for the foundation year? :smile:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
No, if you were stupid you wouldn't have been accepted, your university obviously wants you to go! Only feel disappointed if you know you didn't try your best, if you did then well done :smile: Don't be scared to tell your parents either.

Thank you xx
Original post by Burnzi
Was your firm Warwick? If so have you received a definite no from them?

I didn't meet the entry requirements for Warwick and they haven't decided whether they're going to offer me a place or not, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I got a big fat no from them on the 12th it seems, oh well its not the end of the world :tongue: And I'd take it as a good thing as you still have a chance :smile:
Original post by halidon
I'm not taking it to A2 so I don't know whether a retake would be worth the extra work but thanks, I'll talk to my teachers and see what they say.

Only 4 UMS marks above the B boundary

OK, see what your teachers say, but a B in a subject you don't want to continue for A2 is good for university applications
Woooooooohoooo! 1 better than predicted.

I got 4A's in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History!
Original post by DJMayes

Spoiler

what, 5 people in the entire country? :eek: I thought there would've been more
I got 100 UMS in my c1 exam!!! :biggrin:
Does clearing open at 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest