The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Unis have up to May 9th (I believe?) to reply. Most unis, I think, send a reply depending on when you sent the application but some unis wait until all applications are received before starting to give offers. I know Durham do that, which is really annoying for a lot of my friends since they can't respond to any offers until all replies have been received and are waiting on Durham. If you've received all the offers you want and are awaiting unwanted others, you can just withdraw from them.
Original post by RhodriL
That's a relief, I just sent mine last Thursday and was wondering if every uni was rejecting me. Didn't realise it took that much time to get a reply :smile:

Sent mine off last tuesday and heard back from southampton today so I'm guessing (if you've applied there) you will hear from them by the start of next week
Reply 102
Original post by charliejonplatt
Sent mine off last tuesday and heard back from southampton today so I'm guessing (if you've applied there) you will hear from them by the start of next week

Well done for getting the offer, is that your first choice? I did apply there so fingers crossed I get the offer, have you heard from anyone else?
its one of my top choices, no other offers/rejections yet. good luck hope you got an offer as well
Reply 104
Does anyone know the salary for Audiology ? I'm hearing lot of different things
The salary once you graduate and work in the NHS ranges from £21,176 - £27,625
Reply 106
What is the highest it goes to after working a few years? I was told it might be 60,000£ in a few years?
If you stay with the NHS, you work your way up certain 'bands'. Audiologist graduate at Band 5 with the salary I have previously mentioned. Band 6 is £25,528 - £34,189; Band 7 is £30,460 - £40,157; Band 8 or 9 ranges from £38,851 - £97,478. I believe salaries for the Private sector such as Hearing Aid Distributors (Amplifon, Hidden Hearing, etc.) tend to be higher but cannot quote official figures.
Reply 108
MAuds (Masters) can enter the NHS straight away at band 7 which, compared to band 5 for a BSc, is a huge jump (which is what I aim to do).
yeh and you dont necessarily have to do the MSc at the same uni you do the BSc
Reply 110
Yay, just got my first uni offer from Aston :smile: So happy
congrats, what grades you have to get?
Reply 112
Original post by charliejonplatt
congrats, what grades you have to get?

Thank you :smile: They said ABB but I don't know if they accept the Welsh Bac as an A?? Do you?
that seems like their standard offer then, I'm not really the one to ask, you could email and ask them
Reply 114
Original post by am-mtj
Just got AAB from Southampton with a written account of a placement at an audiology department ^^ Sod the other two, this is what I wanted. ~happeh~

Just got this offer today as well! :smile: do you know when we have to go up for the visit day?
Reply 115
Original post by RhodriL
Just got this offer today as well! :smile: do you know when we have to go up for the visit day?

Just noticed that it says on the e-mail so no worries :biggrin:
Reply 116
Hi everyone,

I'm really keen to study audiology and have applied to Manchester, Leeds, Aston, De Montfort, and Southampton. So far have offers from the last three which is awesome! I got BCD in AS but I was ill and am resitting the D grade (Human Biology) and I'm predicted BBB.
Which unis are peoples favourites??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 117
Original post by Mazzaa
Hi everyone,

I'm really keen to study audiology and have applied to Manchester, Leeds, Aston, De Montfort, and Southampton. So far have offers from the last three which is awesome! I got BCD in AS but I was ill and am resitting the D grade (Human Biology) and I'm predicted BBB.
Which unis are peoples favourites??

For me, Southampton ^^ The ISVR is just sooooo nice and I quite like the city as a whole (better than the -ampton I'm in now...this (bar the music, the music trust is my second home) decrepit place needs to go).
Congrats on your offers, though!
anyone going to/done a middlesex interview?
Reply 119
Original post by MirrorMirror
anyone going to/done a middlesex interview?

I have one - really nervous. Any idea on what the questions will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending