The Student Room Group

GCSE module resit

Hey, I received my GCSEs, some of which are lower than expected. They are already cashed in. I was wondering if I could resit one module instead of the whole subject... (at a different school/college)

Can that happen?

Thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by elixirs
Hey, I received my GCSEs, some of which are lower than expected. They are already cashed in. I was wondering if I could resit one module instead of the whole subject... (at a different school/college)

Can that happen?

Thanks in advance:smile:

hello :wavey:

and it is possible you would need to talk to you collage or 6th form though :smile: you would also need to check which module you are re-sitting as any exams done from year 10 you would HAVE to re-sit :smile:

you cannot re-sit the cash in :h: (though i'm sure you knew that :h: )
Reply 2
Original post by techno836
hello :wavey:

and it is possible you would need to talk to you collage or 6th form though :smile: you would also need to check which module you are re-sitting as any exams done from year 10 you would HAVE to re-sit :smile:

you cannot re-sit the cash in :h: (though i'm sure you knew that :h: )

Really from year 10?! I heard that it was 40% at least (this was from 2011 though)

Of course not, as long as I can re-sit modules within the cash in:tongue:

Thank you:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by elixirs
Really from year 10?! I heard that it was 40% at least (this was from 2011 though)

Of course not, as long as I can re-sit modules within the cash in:tongue:

Thank you:smile:

yeah because your exam scores get wiped after 2 years :s-smilie: and that is the other rule too :yep:

you can I believe just as long as it isn't the CA in the Cash in :h:
Reply 4
yeah because your exam scores get wiped after 2 years :s-smilie: and that is the other rule too :yep:

you can I believe just as long as it isn't the CA in the Cash in :h:

Oh gosh, in most cases that's alright! But in one of my resits I'm losing a 69/70 then?:colone:
This may sound stupid, but when you receive your results are they 100% cashed in (Year 10 ones):rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by elixirs
Oh gosh, in most cases that's alright! But in one of my resits I'm losing a 69/70 then?:colone:
This may sound stupid, but when you receive your results are they 100% cashed in (Year 10 ones):rolleyes:

first of all what subject we talking about :lol: ... only your CA will be as the others could still be open for resit in Y11, that is if your CA was submitted in y10

my school always submit it at the end of y11 to avoid this :lol: (and give us chance to re-do if our exams are iffy )
Reply 6
first of all what subject we talking about :lol: ... only your CA will be as the others could still be open for resit in Y11, that is if your CA was submitted in y10

my school always submit it at the end of y11 to avoid this :lol: (and give us chance to re-do if our exams are iffy )

A few! Physics' module, Chemistry module, French modules (most likely), English Lit module:colone:

English Lang is getting a remark for an A* overall (*clears throat* let's just say a nasty E occurred)
French perhaps but 7 from away from a grade boundary is still:s-smilie:

Ooh you have a good point! The only thing is, the unit did not appear on my results sheet so
:colone:

My my my, today has been a hell of a day, but thanks for your concern:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by elixirs
A few! Physics' module, Chemistry module, French modules (most likely), English Lit module:colone:

English Lang is getting a remark for an A* overall (*clears throat* let's just say a nasty E occurred)
French perhaps but 7 from away from a grade boundary is still:s-smilie:

Ooh you have a good point! The only thing is, the unit did not appear on my results sheet so
:colone:

My my my, today has been a hell of a day, but thanks for your concern:smile:

Yep just remember that wiped after 2 years and need to do 40% in the certificate awarding year :smile: good luck :h: and your exams officer might be able to help you more :h:
Reply 8
Yep just remember that wiped after 2 years and need to do 40% in the certificate awarding year :smile: good luck :h: and your exams officer might be able to help you more :h:

Mhm, sorry for another dumb question but if I were to resit earlyish next year, would it count as the same awarding year?:tongue:

Yup, although I'm moving schools, I'll ask, thanks:tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by elixirs
Mhm, sorry for another dumb question but if I were to resit earlyish next year, would it count as the same awarding year?:tongue:

Yup, although I'm moving schools, I'll ask, thanks:tongue:

it goes by academic year so probably not you'd need 40%
Reply 10
it goes by academic year so probably not you'd need 40%

I see, thank you:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest