The Student Room Group

How likely is it that I'll be allowed to resit a single module alongside L3 studies?

I'm basically going to fail my resit as I've had a dreadful summer. It isn't a core module and all my other grades are good. If I don't scrape the 40% in this resit, what are the chances of me being allowed to progress to L3 and resit my L2 module alongside my studies.

I go to Uni of Sheffield and can't really find any info on this, has anyone else been permitted/heard of anyone being permitted to resit a module alongside L3?
Reply 1
You need to speak to someone in Faculty for a crystal clear answer, but the short answer is they might let you progress, it's discretionary. See general regulations here.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
You need to speak to someone in Faculty for a crystal clear answer, but the short answer is they might let you progress, it's discretionary. See general regulations here.

Thanks for the response, I'm going to fight tooth and nail to be allowed to progress and resit the module in L3. I have extenuating circumstances regarding the last year of Uni and still managed to get good grades regardless so I'm hoping they'll let me through.
Reply 3
Original post by Josh22222
Thanks for the response, I'm going to fight tooth and nail to be allowed to progress and resit the module in L3. I have extenuating circumstances regarding the last year of Uni and still managed to get good grades regardless so I'm hoping they'll let me through.

If you have mitigation, then your odds improve considerably. I hope it goes the way you want it to - good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending