The Student Room Group

Hello guys, I don't understand something help please [UCAS]

Hello guys,
I spoke to Durham University a few days ago and sent them my results (which we all met as part of the offer). However, yesterday they updated UCAS with the following picture below. I don't understand what it exactly means? Have I been rejected? Also, why am I waiting confirmation from Loughborough if I've already received an offer from Durham? I'm worrying as I can't get in contact with them to sort this out? Anyone had this problem? Thank you for any support.
Original post by Esteta
Hello guys,
I spoke to Durham University a few days ago and sent them my results (which we all met as part of the offer). However, yesterday they updated UCAS with the following picture below. I don't understand what it exactly means? Have I been rejected? Also, why am I waiting confirmation from Loughborough if I've already received an offer from Durham? I'm worrying as I can't get in contact with them to sort this out? Anyone had this problem? Thank you for any support.

They seem to have offered you a course with a foundation year instead of what you applied for. You need to reply to their offer because it is a changed course and if you decide to decline it, your insurance will become your firm.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
They seem to have offered you a course with a foundation year instead of what you applied for. You need to reply to their offer because it is a changed course and if you decide to decline it, your insurance will become your firm.

Do I need to accept the offer on UCAS or email them?
Reply 3

Also, thank you for the speedy reply. :smile:
Original post by Esteta
Do I need to accept the offer on UCAS or email them?

Accept on Ucas, assuming the button is live. If it isn't, you'll have to contact the university. Remember Monday is a bank holiday, btw.
Original post by Esteta
Also, thank you for the speedy reply. :smile:

You're welcome.
Reply 6
I can't find any button where I can accept my offer, which is strange :frown:
Reply 7
Will it only become available once Loughborough have been contacted?
Original post by Esteta
It is. As I'm not an applicant, I don't have a track page, so I don't know where they may have hidden it on this newly designed page. I think you may have to call Ucas if it isn't possible to find it. What happens when you click view?
Reply 9
I'm not too sure about this but for any offers I am sure you have to wait until your other university has replied before you can make your reply or if you want to reply to Durham and accept their offer then you can Decline Loughborough but just to make sure it is probably maybe better to keep trying to phone them and ask them if you aren't sure. Hope that helps xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Esteta

I suggest you contact Minerva.
Reply 11
God, I'm so worried incase I've been rejected by Durham :/
Original post by Esteta
God, I'm so worried incase I've been rejected by Durham :/

You haven't. You've been offered a changed course, which is a foundation year. You didn't get your first choice, but they liked you enough to offer this. You have to respond to them because it is a change to your original offer. You can accept it or reject it. If you reject it, you're going to Loughborough.
Reply 13
Have you sent Loughborough details of your results?
Reply 14
Original post by Arketec
Have you sent Loughborough details of your results?

No I haven't. Do you think I should so they can accept my offer as well? Cause I can't seem to find the menu on UCAS where I can accept Durhams offer.
Reply 15
I think so. Or if your sure about Durham decline Loughborough so you can accept Durham?
Reply 16
Original post by Esteta
Hello guys,

Did you meet the requirements of the offer?
Reply 17
Original post by Esteta
Hello guys,
As carnationlilyrose says, you need to decide whether to accept this changed course offer - if you don't know what the course is or which campus it's offered at (Durham City or Stockton) you need to ring them on Tuesday to find out.

Original post by Esteta
Will it only become available once Loughborough have been contacted?
No.

However, your offer from Loughborough appears to be conditional still - so if you decide you don't want the Durham offer,you do need to check before declining it that Lougborough have got your results and that your place there is confirmed, otherwise you might end up with nothing.

Original post by Esteta
No I haven't. Do you think I should so they can accept my offer as well? Cause I can't seem to find the menu on UCAS where I can accept Durhams offer.
You don't need the Loughborough offer to change so that you can accept the Durham offer. If you can't make out what you need to do to bring up the option to accept the UCC, you will need to contact UCAS on Tuesday.
Reply 18
Hey guys,

I rang UCAS this morning and they said it was all because Loughborough had no replied to my insurance offer with a decision. So, I spoke to UCAS and they accepted Durham for me :smile:.

Thanks all for your help.
Reply 19
Original post by Esteta
Hey guys,

I rang UCAS this morning and they said it was all because Loughborough had no replied to my insurance offer with a decision. So, I spoke to UCAS and they accepted Durham for me :smile:.

Thanks all for your help.
Glad it's all sorted out -

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending