The Student Room Group

Can you change personal statement on UCAS after submission?

Hello,
I have just submitted my UCAS yesterday and just today did I realise a couple grammar mistakes in my statement. It's nothing too bad but it just seems to 'ruin' my statement. For example I wrote' these course' instead of courses and forgot to put a comma after Furthermore. Is there anyway to fix this or should I send an amended version to unis directly. Furthermore, given I am applying for engineering will this be a big deal or will universities look over it.
Thanks
Original post by yeyenono1301
Hello,
I have just submitted my UCAS yesterday and just today did I realise a couple grammar mistakes in my statement. It's nothing too bad but it just seems to 'ruin' my statement. For example I wrote' these course' instead of courses and forgot to put a comma after Furthermore. Is there anyway to fix this or should I send an amended version to unis directly. Furthermore, given I am applying for engineering will this be a big deal or will universities look over it.
Thanks

Hi @yeyenono1301

My name is Matilde and I work in Admissions at Oxford Brookes University.

Do not worry if you are not 100% confident on the personal statement you provided on your UCAS application. You can try making changes to it directly on UCAS, however if this is not possible you can always send the updated personal statement via email to the Admissions teams of your institutions of interest and let them know they should consider the second one you provided instead of the first one.

I hope this helps, should you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes,
Matilde
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Hello,
Thanks for the advice. Would you suggest I do that or would universities not usually care about small grammar mistakes? I just have a feeling that sending an extra email to universities seems will only make them want to accept you less
(edited 6 months ago)
If the app has been sent to your choices then you cannot amend it. (If it’s still with your ref then they can pass it back to you though.)

I would not recommend emailing for the sake of a few grammatical errors. Unis will not appreciate the extra work for something that will make no difference to your application outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending