The Student Room Group

A level History or Classical Civilisation?

Hi,
I'm thinking of replacing Classical Civilisation for History because apparently History is a lot more difficult and is respected more. Which one is better and combines well with my other subjects? My other choices are English Literature, Economics and Geography. I am more interested in Classical Civilisation as I've never done it before but I would also enjoy doing History regardless of the difficulty.
Reply 1
Original post by jjmichaeljadson
Hi,
I'm thinking of replacing Classical Civilisation for History because apparently History is a lot more difficult and is respected more. Which one is better and combines well with my other subjects? My other choices are English Literature, Economics and Geography. I am more interested in Classical Civilisation as I've never done it before but I would also enjoy doing History regardless of the difficulty.

They are both equally as good and similar.

Have you asked about what topics you will be studying ? I thought i would love history, but studying British History of Gladstone was too much.....
Reply 2
Do what you'd enjoy more which in this case seems to be classics...trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
As stated above, do what you can see yourself doing well in. Trust me, it is not worth the risk.

I wish you all the best
Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest