The Student Room Group

Writing personal statement to do a BSc Biomedical Sciences.. HELP PLEASE!

Hey there! I am currently writing my personal statement to do a BSc biomed course, and I've asked universities whether relevant work experience (i.e. hospital work etc) is necessary. They've all answered back and let me know that it isn't necessary but other things like volunteering in a charity shop etc would be helpful and make me stand out..
I haven't done any work over the summer and I feel awful about it.. But, during my AS year, I had done a WOHAA project to raise money for charity and I had taken part in a Young Enterprise group, in which we won a few awards.. Is this enough to write about in my personal statement?
I honestly don't know what to do anymore and I'm so scared that my lack of extra curricular activities will let me down :frown: Can anyone else let me know if they've been in my position and how they dealt with it?
I would really appreciate it, thanks!
Reply 1
Here's my personal statement:
http://www.studential.com/bio/getps.asp?ps=2338&view=subject

I know it's not the best, but I got an over from four of my five universities. I think I come across as passionate and determined, which I believe is important. I didn't manage to get work experience in the end, but I applied for it, which again shows enthusiasm. Good luck.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending