The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Applying to the UK schools as an international student

Hello,
I am currently a high student in Czech Republic, which mean I will have also Czech diploma called Maturita (equivalent of A-levels). However, I am rather interested in applying to some UK universities. I have also spent a year in England, where I did AS-levels in Law, History and Maths, my grades were ABB. I am quite sure I would like to study law at university. I was thinking about applying to LSE, however what really worries me is that their entry requirements are A*AA. Do you reckon it is possible for me to get in there?

Thank you
Hi, I also live in the Czech Rep and went to one of the top 3 in London.

Most Unis will accept your Maturita (with the minimum of 3 subjects, though 5 will help) + IELTS/TOEFL. Your AS-Level grades you've achieved will not help you, especially if you're applying for competitive courses at the top 3 in London/Oxbridge, so consider not mentioning them at all on your UCAS application. Law is a very competitive course and will only accept the very best applicants. Your teachers should predict you at least three 1's as your Maturita grades (though again, 5 would help).

It is completely possible to get in, I personally know people that did with their Maturita, but you will have to try very hard. And one more thing, LSE will require you to sit their entrance exam due to your untraditional qualification. Only few pass it every year, even students with straight A's/1's

This is not to discourage you, but prepare you for the competition :smile:

Good luck
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi I am Rosey.

I actually went to the LSE just graduated last year actually.

Could you please help me.

I AM CALLING ALL CZECH STUDENTS FOR PAID PARTICIPATION IN A CONFIDENTIAL SURVEY.

I am working on a short confidential survey about Czech students and need some information from students who attend schools in Czech republic.
YOU WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO GIVE ANY CONFIDENTIAL PRIVATE INFORMATION AND YOU WILL BE PAID VERY WELL FOR PARTICIPATION.
THIS IS VERY URGENT AND SINCERE... PLEASE REPLY YOUR INTEREST

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending