The Student Room Group
Reply 1
SHANDY
I hate it damn, the thing pops up whenever it likes, then i have to reboot my comp, any suggestions for how I can get it off, or remove it so it will never happen again?

reinstall windows
Reply 2
SHANDY
I hate it damn, the thing pops up whenever it likes, then i have to reboot my comp, any suggestions for how I can get it off, or remove it so it will never happen again?

:wink: the blue screen of death...get xp :smile:
Reply 3
TheWolf
:wink: the blue screen of death...get xp :smile:

I have got XP, I upgraded from ME.
Reply 4
what's blue screen?
Reply 5
me!
what's blue screen?

go to google and type in blue screen/blue screen of death
Reply 6
me!
what's blue screen?

I dont know but it pops up and freezes your computer at any moment, then only way is to reboot but it still does happen again, Im looking of ways to remove it.
Reply 7
When you upgraded did you format your hard drive and make an NTFS partition?
Reply 8
TheWolf

THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!
Reply 9
amazingtrade
When you upgraded did you format your hard drive and make an NTFS partition?

Yep NTFS thats what i did.
Reply 10
TheWolf

that sounds great, glad I've never had windows
Reply 11
It sounds to me like your computer is trying to reboot but is freezing.
SHANDY

what was the error message? (e.g. DRIVER IRQ LESS THAN OR EQUAL etc...)
Reply 13
If its NTFS formated then it really shouldn't give you any trouble. Some time I find if you swap the RAM in the motherboard it can solve the problem but if it worked fine on ME I doubt it would be that.

Could it not be some kind of device driver causing a conflict?
Reply 14
amazingtrade
If its NTFS formated then it really shouldn't give you any trouble. Some time I find if you swap the RAM in the motherboard it can solve the problem but if it worked fine on ME I doubt it would be that.

Could it not be some kind of device driver causing a conflict?

Well it does come up in the eroor saying:
***WEBSTAR modem something something
And I know that that is my broadband modem, but I had this also on my ME and it didnt give no trouble to that.
Reply 15
moncal
It sounds to me like your computer is trying to reboot but is freezing.

It used to reboot it self automatically, but then I stopped that from happening by taking the tick out of the box which wanted it to be restarted automatically, then after that the blue screen comes up so I have to do it manually by pressing the restart buttom.
Reply 16
ive never had blue screen with my xp :confused:
note down the error message and check it on the microsoft website under technical help, if it mentions a device specifically download the latest drivers for it
Reply 18
Is your modem USB or PCI? It sounds like its your modem driver cuasing a conflicts. If its PCI then place your modem in a different PCI slot. Some motherboards can cause problems with PCI modems.

In my experience though USB mobems cuase more problems. This one reason I use a router as I don't messing about with drivers etc as its done via TCP/IP.
Reply 19
amazingtrade
Is your modem USB or PCI? It sounds like its your modem driver cuasing a conflicts. If its PCI then place your modem in a different PCI slot. Some motherboards can cause problems with PCI modems.

In my experience though USB mobems cuase more problems. This one reason I use a router as I don't messing about with drivers etc as its done via TCP/IP.

Yep its a USB port.

Latest

Trending

Trending