The Student Room Group

uni - tech piece without headaches

Hi so I'm a first year uni humanities student and generally I have LOTS of readings online (there are libraries but only like 1 copy for the entire year group and I annotate/make notes digitally). I currently use a MacBook. The issue is that because of so much blue screen exposure, my vision is being affected and I get headaches a lot. Is there any sort of technology that I could use like a Kindle so that I'd be able to connect to university websites without damaging my vision? thanks
Original post by sciencegcsesss
Hi so I'm a first year uni humanities student and generally I have LOTS of readings online (there are libraries but only like 1 copy for the entire year group and I annotate/make notes digitally). I currently use a MacBook. The issue is that because of so much blue screen exposure, my vision is being affected and I get headaches a lot. Is there any sort of technology that I could use like a Kindle so that I'd be able to connect to university websites without damaging my vision? thanks

Hey there ,
I can relate , I also use a MacBook but I study a different course and I spend hours in front of my screen getting assignments done or just catching up on coursework. This advise isn't for a better piece of tech but it does help a lot , consider getting a pair of glasses they can help reduce exposure to blue light.
Pop into specsavers and get a pair of glasses with the appropriate filter to reduce blue light , you don't need to get anything fancy just explain to them in your consult that the light from your MacBook is giving you a headache they will advise you which pair to get .
Lucky for me I already have terrible vision so getting glasses was a two in one fix . After a week or so your headaches should be better .
I hope this helps and welcome to the four eyes club.
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there ,
I can relate , I also use a MacBook but I study a different course and I spend hours in front of my screen getting assignments done or just catching up on coursework. This advise isn't for a better piece of tech but it does help a lot , consider getting a pair of glasses they can help reduce exposure to blue light.
Pop into specsavers and get a pair of glasses with the appropriate filter to reduce blue light , you don't need to get anything fancy just explain to them in your consult that the light from your MacBook is giving you a headache they will advise you which pair to get .
Lucky for me I already have terrible vision so getting glasses was a two in one fix . After a week or so your headaches should be better .
I hope this helps and welcome to the four eyes club.
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University

thank you sm!!!
Original post by sciencegcsesss
thank you sm!!!

Happy to help 💛

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending